Searching for the perfect and simple shrimp pasta recipe? This Tomato Basil Pasta will hit the spot!
Tomato Basil Shrimp Pasta is a deliciously easy and healthy shrimp pasta recipe. It’s full of flavor but quick and simple to make!
I’ll admit that pasta is one of my go-to meals for busy nights or nights when I am coming up short on what to cook. It’s quick, easy, filling and there are just so many possibilities for flavors and ingredients.
Nine times out of ten there are things in my fridge that will make a great plate of pasta. Trust me!
It is also one of those dishes that can be as simplistic or as fancy and high end as you want it to be. It all depends on your time and what you feel like doing. One thing is for sure, it always hits the spot.
One of my new favorite pasta dinners is this delicious Tomato Basil Shrimp Pasta. It’s an easy and healthy shrimp pasta recipe that you can whip up in around half an hour, which makes it great for those busy weeknights.
But just because you are short on time, doesn’t mean you have to be short on flavor. This dish packs a flavor punch that will make whoever is eating think you slaved away in the kitchen all day.
I am finding that people often seem to think shrimp meals are difficult to cook. That could not be further from the truth. For example, in this recipe, cooking the shrimp only takes 2-3 minutes.
The rest is as easy as boiling the pasta and sauteeing the other ingredients. All you need is a pot for pasta and a pan for assembling and you are in business.
The olive oil, tomato, and basil combination give this shrimp pasta recipe a Caprese-like flavor, which is both light and refreshing. The shrimp adds a nice sweetness and a bit of bite.
You can easily use smaller shrimp if you like. To save even more on time, purchase your shrimp already shelled and deveined. Tails are 100% optional, but I typically take them off before I cook so your guests won’t have to deal with them later.
Tomato Basil Shrimp Pasta makes a quick and easy shrimp meal any time of the year but I think the flavors are particularly nice during the later summer months or even in the fall when the weather is starting to turn.
Tomato Basil Shrimp Pasta is also a good recipe to have in your back pocket for those nights you have guests but no time to cook something extravagant. They’ll never believe this beautiful plate of pasta was so easy to make!
More pasta recipes:
Tomato Basil Shrimp Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white onion , chopped
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 tablespoon whole fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 pound large shrimp , peeled
- 30 ounces diced tomatoes , canned and drained
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves , packed and hand torn
- Pecorino cheese , for garnish
- Pasta of choice , cooked
- Heat olive oil in a large, wide skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute for 2-3 minutes, until starting to soften.
- Add garlic and whole fennel seeds, sauteing for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and salt, cooking for 2-3 minutes. Allow shrimp to start turning pink and curling.
- Add drained tomatoes, heating until shrimp are fully cooked, approximately 2-3 additional minutes.
- Lastly, stir in hand torn basil and serve immediately.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and let us know how you liked it!