Searching for the perfect healthy shrimp pasta recipe? This Tomato Basil Pasta will hit the spot!
Tomato Basil Shrimp Pasta is a deliciously easy and healthy shrimp pasta recipe. It’s full of flavor but quick and simple to make!
I’ll admit that pasta is one of my go-to meals for busy nights or nights when I just don’t know what to cook. It’s quick, easy, filling and there are just so many possibilities for flavors and ingredients. Pasta is one of those meals that can be as basic or as gourmet as you want it to be.
One of my new favorite pasta dinners is this delicious Tomato Basil Shrimp Pasta. It’s an easy and healthy shrimp pasta recipe that you can whip up in around a half an hour, which makes it great for those busy weeknights. But it’s so flavorful and good that I often make this shrimp tomato pasta when I want something fresh and healthy.
Everyone seems to think that shrimp meals are difficult to cook but in this recipe, cooking the shrimp only takes 2-3 minutes and the rest is as easy as cooking the pasta and sauteeing the other ingredients. In fact, this shrimp tomato pasta can actually be made in one pan!
The olive oil, tomato and basil combination gives this healthy shrimp pasta recipe a caprese-like flavor, which is both light and refreshing.
Tomato Basil Shrimp Pasta makes a quick and easy shrimp meal any time of the year but I think the flavors are particularly nice during warm summer months.
Shrimp pasta is also a good recipe to have on hand for nights you have guests but no time to cook something extravagant. They’ll never believe this Tomato Basil Pasta was so easy to make!
Since you like this Tomato Basil Shrimp Pasta, you may like these other easy pasta recipes:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white onion , chopped
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 tablespoon whole fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 pound large shrimp , peeled
- 30 ounces diced tomatoes , canned and drained
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves , packed and hand torn
- Pecorino cheese , for garnish
- Pasta of choice , cooked
- Heat olive oil in a large, wide skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute for 2-3 minutes, until starting to soften.
- Add garlic and whole fennel seeds, sauteing for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and salt, cooking for 2-3 minutes. Allow shrimp to start turning pink and curling.
- Add drained tomatoes, heating until shrimp are fully cooked, approximately 2-3 additional minutes.
- Lastly, stir in hand torn basil and serve immediately.
- If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how you liked it!
If you liked this Easy Dinner Recipe, snag a copy of my Easy Dinner Recipes Mini-Cookbook. Available here for only $0.99, here is a small collection of time-saving, hearty and satisfying dinners guaranteed to get you in and out in 30 minutes or less!