Chocolate Mousse Pastry Cup Recipe
Chocolate Mousse Pastry Cups were a happy accident. I never intended to make them, but hate having any food go to waste. I was actually trying to make and photograph my Antipasto Salad Cups and has sent hubby to the store with a list.
Chocolate Mousse Pastry Cups are a simple and easy dessert recipe perfect for making ahead. Ideal for dinner parties, birthday treats and Valentine’s day dessert!
Like several other happy accidents (read why I made Mashed Potato Cups), hubby is to blame… or to thank depending on how you see it. Actually this one was my fault. I sent him to the store with a list, one of the items being Puff Pastry Cups.
He got Puff Pastry Cups, but apparently cups are the tiny, bite-sized ones and shells are the large, multiple bite puff pastry products.
I hadn’t worked with puff pastry in a while, so I took them out of the box, thinking they would bake up bigger. Well, they didn’t. And they were large enough to fit my chopped up antipasto. So I needed something else to make, fast and with ingredients already in my kitchen.
Turns out I had some raspberries leftover from making fresh raspberry sauce and cream from paprika chicken. And now we had a whole new dessert: Chocolate Mousse Pastry Cups! Simple, tasty and super easy to make, they became my new go-to for every event. Book club, yes! Valentine’s Day treats, yes! Dinner party, yes!
I like to pair mine with homemade Vanilla Bean Ice Cream too. Enjoy and if you need more dessert ideas, scroll down for mouthwatering dessert recipes!
If you are looking for even more dessert recipes, snag a copy of my Easy Dessert Recipes Mini-Cookbook. Available here for only $0.99, these easy dessert recipes are ready with less than 30 minutes hands-on time and are sure to please all your family friends. From no-bake to make-ahead, you are sure to find something you love!
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate melted
- 12 puff pastry cups (the small, bite size ones) bake and cool according to package directions
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with whisk attachment in a medium mixing bowl with electric hand mixer, beat heavy cream with powdered sugar and vanilla. Whip until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in melted chocolate quickly so it doesn't solidify or ruin the consistency of your whipped cream.
- Spoon or pipe mousse into cooled puff pastry cups.
- Garnish with fresh fruit, additional powdered sugar and/or mint leaves.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.