Salty and sweet desserts always win me over. There is something about the pairing that is always so tantalizing. Salted caramel and chocolate are at the top of that list and Chocolate Caramel Pretzels meet all the requirements to make me go gaga.
Chocolate Caramel Pretzels are an easy dessert recipe. Salty and sweet and can be decorated for just about any holiday. Your guests will requests these over and over!
Basic mini twist pretzels are baked for just a few minutes with a piece of caramel. This melts over the pretzel and is allowed to cool. Dip them in chocolate, white, dark, or milk and then decorate with your favorite sprinkles!
To make things interesting, I try to use a few kinds of chocolate or a few colors of chocolate as well as multiple styles of sprinkles to make my dessert tray a little more interesting.
Chocolate caramel pretzels are the perfect make-ahead dessert idea. They stay tasty in an airtight container for several days so they are ready to go when you need them.
These little babies are perfect for taking to a party, for favors at a get-together, for serving as a dessert, or for shipping to friends and family as a gift. They also ship well and are liked by kiddos and adults alike.
While I am sure you have a baking sheet in your kitchen’s arsenal, you might need to purchase one special item: a non-stick silicone baking mat.
This prevents the hot caramel from sticking to your baking sheet and making clean up a real pain. You can also use parchment paper as a decent alternative, but I find the silicone baking mats to be easiest in this case.
In terms of your chocolate, you have two options. You can put it in a heat-safe bowl and pop it into the microwave, heating it in 10-15 second intervals as to not burn it and mixing it in between each heating. This method while easy has a tendency to make gloppy chocolate.
Nine times out of ten, I use a double boiler for a creamy and even melt. The beauty of this method is that you can always add it back to the double boiler to reheat is it starts to get too hard for dipping.
Be sure to allow the chocolate to set completely before you plate them up or pile them into a bag as gifts. You can always pop them in the fridge for a few minutes just to be sure. If you don’t, the gorgeous decorations might go awry.
You will probably also love these Valentine’s Day Treats:
- Peek-a-Boo Pound Cake
- Valentine’s Day Cream Cheese Candy
- Red Velvet Mini Cheesecakes
- Strawberry Shortcake Cookies
CONNECT WITH SAVORY EXPERIMENTS!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Pinterest | Instagram
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
Chocolate Caramel Pretzels
- 24 mini pretzels twists
- 12 caramel squares candy , unwrapped and cut half
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate candy melts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Arrange pretzels in a single layer and place a caramel piece on each.
- Bake for 3 to 5 minutes. The caramel won’t be fully melted, this is okay, just leave it and it will continue to spread as it cools. Allow to cool to room temperture.
- Melt Candy Melts and dip cooled pretzels half way in, tapping to release excess chocolate. Return to silicone mat or parchment paper and decorate with sprinkles. Allow to cool completely.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and let us know how they were!