This post is sponsored, however 100% of opinions are my own.
If I had to name one dessert to eat for the rest of my life it would be red velvet anything. I’m in love with the combination of chocolate and decadent cream cheese.
Red Velvet Cheesecake Cups are mini bites of creamy cheesecake with a vanilla cookie crust. Topped with a drizzle of chocolate, cream cheese frosting and red velvet M&Ms.
It’s funny actually, because as a kid I refused to eat anything with cream cheese and these days still won’t eat it plain, but when it comes to red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting, I swoon.
These little mini red velvet cheesecake cups are just perfect. Small enough to just have a few bites, but enough to get my red velvet fix.
If you can’t find the red velvet flavor, no worries, just make them without or with regular M&Ms. Also be warned. After refrigerating, they come out looking a little wrinkly.
Not so pretty. Which is where the embellishment comes in. Chocolate and frosting to the rescue! Tada: beautiful!
These red velvet cheesecake cups are probably a little different than what you are expecting. The actual cheesecake is plain old vanilla, but I used M&M Red Velvet flavor in the cheesecake with cream cheese frosting to give it the hint of traditional red velvet cake.
To be honest, Red Velvet Cheesecake Cups were so good, I could have eaten the whole batch by myself. However, I am a good person and ultimately shared.
What did my friends have to say? These are exact emails I received in in return:
“They are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Good :)” -Brandon B.
“If you haven’t had this yet, it is my favorite Jess creation EVER, and that’s saying something!” – Mike V.
“They really are delicious!! Thank you!” – Melissa V.
“It’s really nice- was it made with the new flavor M&M?” – Devang G.“OMG!!!!!! It didn’t stand a chance! That was frickin’ amazing!!! My head is spinning off my shoulders!” -Bonnie S.“Only because my son is not here and I am an extremely good friend, I gave my second Red Velvet Cheesecake Cup to my neighbor and she was super impressed.” – Gretchen S.
If you need more Valentine’s Day dessert ideas, check out:
If you are looking for even more dessert recipes, snag a copy of my Easy Dessert Recipes Mini-Cookbook. Available here for only $0.99, these easy dessert recipes are ready with less than 30 minutes hands-on time and are sure to please all your family friends. From no-bake to make-ahead, you are sure to find something you love!
Red Velvet Mini Cheesecakes
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla wafer cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups M&M's® Red Velvet
- Cooking Spray
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Red and Pink Chocolate for Drizzling
- M&M's® Milk Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 24 cupcake tins with liners and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss together vanilla wafer crumbs and melted butter until dampened. Press approximately 1 1/2 teaspoons into the bottom of each cupcake tin. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until soft and creamy. Add sugar and flour, blend. Add one egg at a time, blending until incorporated. Lastly, add vanilla extract and fold in M&M's® Red Velvet.
- Spoon approximately 2 tablespoons of cheesecake batter into each muffin tin. Tap on the counter to remove air bubbles.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until tops have set and before they start to brown.
- Allow to cool and then refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours, but up to 24 hours.
- When ready to decorate, remove cupcake liners and place onto a cooling rack with something underneath to catch drizzled chocolate.
- Place colored chocolate into heat proof decorating bags or squirt bottles. Drizzle both colors in opposite directions.
- Blend together all ingredients for cream cheese frosting. Transfer to a decorating bag fitted with a round attachment or simply spoon a dollop right into the middle of each M&M's® Red Velvet Mini Cheesecake. Finish with a Valentine's Day colored M&M's® Milk Chocolate.
- If you've tried this recipe come back and let us know how they were!