I have a serious problem I am about to own up to. When I make mashed potatoes, I have a terrible time estimating how much I will need. Loaded Mashed Potato Cups are my solution for too many potatoes.
Loaded Mashed Potato Cups are the best way to use leftover mashed potatoes. Mixed with cheese, eggs and a few other ingredients, you load them into a muffin tin and poof, you’ve got finger food mashed potatoes!
Somehow I always end up with way too much. This happens every single time I make mashed potatoes or cocktail sauce. Not sure why…. And pasta. Always too much pasta.
I am sure I’m not the only one who ends up with leftovers. Mashed Potato Cups the perfect way to make a small amount of leftovers into a full side dish.
You can use any variety of mashed potatoes you’d like. From scratch, from a box, loaded with cream cheese, made from sweet potatoes, it doesn’t matter.
Even if you don’t have a full two cups, you can also cut this recipe in half with just one cup. Or make some instant mashed potatoes to round out the batch.
Truth be told, I like my Loaded Mashed Potato Cups so much, I’ve been known to whip up a batch of mashed potatoes just to make this recipe. I will say it works best with cold, congealed mashed potatoes so this required you to think ahead a little.
I then mix them with eggs and cheese, which allows them to set up and form nice little cups that could be eaten as finger food, if you’d like. Top them with whatever you’d top your baked potato with.
I load mine with more cheese, bacon, scallions or chives and sour cream! What do you top your potatoes with?
If you like our Loaded Mashed Potato Cups, then you’ll love these other potato recipes:
- 2 cups mashed potatoes , cold
- 2 eggs , room temperature and beaten
- 1 cup cheddar cheese , grated and divided
- 1 bunch scallions , whites with a little bit of greens, chopped
- 5 slices center cut bacon , cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly coat a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend together 2 cups mashed potatoes, eggs, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, scallions, crumbled bacon, fine sea salt and white pepper.
- Spoon into muffin tins. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove, evenly top Mashed Potato Cups with remaining 1/4 cup cheddar cheese. Return to oven for 2-3 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Remove and serve immediately. Mashed Potato Cups should pop out of muffin tins easily with a fork.
If you've tried this recipe, come back and tell us how it was!