Whether you use them to top a soup, as croutons for a salad or just for snacking, this Cajun Oyster Crackers recipe is EASY to make! Only 3 ingredients!
Need an easy snack or a delicious way to add crunch to a soup or salad? These easy Cajun Oyster Crackers are the answer!
I don’t know about you, but I am definitely partial to oyster crackers. Their shape and size make them perfect for topping soups and chili recipes, but also just for snacking!
I don’t particularly like crunching up regular saltine crackers for soup, because they tend to get soggy quickly. But with oyster crackers, they hold their shape and texture a little better, adding a nice crunch to whatever you add them to!
Why are they called oyster crackers? Because they were originally made to be a less salty saltine cracker for serving with oyster stew and oyster bisque.
They also happen to be shaped like an oyster shell, however I was unable to figure any history as to why they are shaped this way.
If you’ve seen my Dill Oyster Cracker recipe or Ranch Oyster Crackers, then you know how easy it is to go through an entire batch of these easy Cajun Oyster Crackers just by snacking on them! If I were you, I would make a double batch!
The best part? You won’t believe how easy they are to make! You can have these crackers ready in only about three easy steps.
How to make Cajun Oyster Crackers:
- Start by preheating your oven to 300 degrees. While the oven is preheating, toss the oyster crackers with the melted butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Next, sprinkle on the cajun seasoning. Make sure all of the crackers are coated evenly. Stirring gently can help with this.
- Then simply place the coated crackers on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes, flip the crackers over and bake for another 5 minutes.
And there you have it! An easy snack that tastes great! Be sure to store them in an airtight container (once they’ve cooled) if you aren’t going to use them right away.
Questions you might have about how to make Cajun Oyster Crackers:
How long do they last?
Place them in an airtight container in your pantry and they will last for months. There is nothing perishable!
Can I use vegetable oil instead of butter?
Yes, in fact there is really no particular reason why I used butter in this Cajun oyster cracker recipe. It’s just the thing I grabbed first!
Use whatever flavor of oil you’d like. You can even use flavored oil if it will complement your recipe or bowl of soup.
What do you do with these Cajun Oyster Crackers?
Anything you like! Of course they always taste great on top of soup and chili recipes like these:
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- Instant Pot Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Instant Pot Chili
- Easy Chili
These are also great as croutons on salad! Here are some salads they would taste great on:
CONNECT WITH SAVORY EXPERIMENTS!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Pinterest | Instagram
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
Cajun Oyster Crackers
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 9 ounces salted oyster crackers*
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss oyster crackers with melted butter.
- Sprinkle Cajun seasoning evenly over the crackers and stir to coat.
- Place onto a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes, turning oyster crackers and cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool. Store crackers in an airtight plastic bag or bowl at room temperature.