Apple nachos are crunchy apple slices are the perfect canvas for a sweet treat in these easy apple nachos with marshmallows, caramel sauce, and mini M&M’s. Like caramel apples without all the work.
One of my favorite ways to eat apple slices is to dip them in creamy peanut butter. However, these caramel apple nachos are an even sweeter way to enjoy apples. Some might call it a healthy snack- anything with fresh fruit is healthy, right?
Easy Fruit Dessert
The best part of this apple nachos recipe is how easy it is to make. Prep time is less than a couple of minutes. How often do you get to say it took longer to eat a dish than to make it?
To make the prep even faster, you can slice apples ahead of time to make for a quick after-school snack or dessert. There are several quick ways to keep sliced apples from turning brown.
While the recipe calls for Granny Smith and Red Delicious apples, you can use any variety of apples that you prefer.
Apple Nachos Ingredients
- Granny Smith apples – Granny Smith apples’ nutritional profile makes them among the healthiest apples to eat. If you want to keep apples from turning brown while you prep the other ingredients, try using lemon juice once they are cut. Tart apples pair nicely with the sweetness of reds.
- Red Delicious apples – Red Delicious apples have one of the highest calcium contents of apples. Sweet, but mild, this variety of apple is the perfect foundation for recipes that have other ingredients that pack a flavor punch. You can really use any kind of apple.
- Butter – you can use any type of butter that you choose.
- Marshmallows – any size of marshmallows will work, but regular or mini marshmallows will work best. This always satisfies my sweet tooth. You can also use marshmallow fluff.
- Caramel sauce – store-bought caramel sauce is simple, but you can also elevate your apple nachos with an easy caramel sauce or even a homemade bourbon caramel sauce.
- M&M’s – these little chocolates will add some color and crunch to your apple nachos. While the originals are tasty treats, you can change the flavor profile by using other varieties like peanut or fudge brownie filled M&M’s. You can also just chop up any candy bars or favorite ice cream toppings.
- Whipped cream – grab a spray bottle or a tub of your favorite whipped cream, or whip up your own whipped cream at home!
These apple nachos are a great foundation for any other treats that you want to put on top.
Add crunch or added texture with:
- Chopped peanuts
- Pretzel crumbles
- Candied walnuts
- white chocolate chips
- Peanut butter chips
- Toffee bits
You can also drizzle them with:
How To Make Apple Nachos
- Prepare the apples – Slice and core both the Granny Smith and Red Delicious apples and arrange on a platter. Keep apples as flat as possible to create plenty of surface area for the toppings!
- Make the marshmallow sauce – In a microwave-safe container, melt the butter and the marshmallows for 30 seconds. Remove the container and stir the mixture well. If marshmallows are not fully melted, heat for 15 seconds more.
- Top the apples – Drizzle caramel sauce over the apples and sprinkle M&Ms. Then spray, or add dollops of, whipped cream and any other variations you choose!
Storage and Freezing
While you’re unlikely to have an abundance of leftovers, if you do, they store well in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days (particularly if the apples are treated with some lemon juice ahead of time).
Other Apple Recipes
We love sweet apple recipes and here are a few more!
Apple Nacho Recipe
- Arrange apple slices on a platter.
- In a microwave-safe container, melt butter with marshmallows for 30 seconds. Remove and stir well. If not fully melted, heat for an additional 15 seconds.
- Drizzle the melted marshmallow over the apple slices. Drizzle the caramel sauce over apples.
- Top with the mini M&Ms and a dollop of whipped cream.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was in the comments or star ratings!