If you have been looking for pumpkin sugar cookie recipes look no further! These pumpkin sugar cookies are perfect and will satisfy all of your pumpkin cravings!
These pumpkin sugar cookies are an easy cookie recipe that can be completed in just under 35 minutes! This is the perfect cookie to help you celebrate the fall season.
Tis the season for everything pumpkin, primarily cookies and pies. That’s why these pumpkin sugar cookies are here! For a easy and tasty fall snack!
I wouldn’t be American if I didn’t post a little something pumpkin during the season! Hubby went camping for a boys weekend and as tradition goes each wife cooks a little something for them to eat while there.
I opted for dessert on this go-round and it needed to be an easy, non-perishable finger food. Cookies were the obvious choice.
After consulting my Pinterest boards, I came across this Pumpkin Sugar Cookie recipe from Big Oven. Only slightly adapted, these babies will liven up any cookie tray.
They are also good to make with that little bit of pumpkin pie filling left over in the gigantic can. You know, the cup or so that you can not seem to mash into the pie crust? Make cookies!
If you liked this pumpkin sugar cookies recipe, check out these other easy pumpkin spice recipes:
If you are looking for even more dessert recipes, snag a copy of my Easy Dessert Recipes Mini-Cookbook. Available here for only $0.99, these easy dessert recipes are ready with less than 30 minutes hands-on time and are sure to please all your family friends. From no-bake to make-ahead, you are sure to find something you love!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
In a medium mixing bowl, sift together dry ingredients including flour, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter, sugar and light brown sugar. When blended, light and creamy, add egg, vanilla and pumpkin.
Gradually add dry mixture to wet until fully combined.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- After dough has chilled, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a small bowl, mix topping ingredients, sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
- With clean hands, roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls. Dough might be sticky and not roll well, have no fear, just plop it into the sugar and coat.
Place onto a parchment paper or silmat lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Dip the flat bottom of a pint glass into the sugar and flatten each ball until approximately 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until cookie tops start to crack. Do not wait until cookies brown, they will be overdone.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet for at least 5 minutes before carefully transferring to a cooling rack using a spatula.
If you've tried this recipe, please come back and leave a comment to let us know how it went and if you made any modifications!