If you have been looking for pumpkin sugar cookie recipes look no further! These pumpkin sugar cookies are perfect and will satisfy all of your pumpkin spice cravings.
These pumpkin sugar cookies are super soft pumpkin spice cookies. Serve with a cup of coffee or tea.
Tis the season for everything pumpkin, primarily cookies and pies. That’s why these pumpkin sugar cookies are here! For a easy and tasty fall snack!
I wouldn’t be American if I didn’t post a little something pumpkin during the season! Hubby went camping for a boys weekend and as tradition goes each wife cooks a little something for them to eat while there.
Make sure you PIN Pumpkin Sugar Cookies!
I opted for dessert on this go-round and it needed to be an easy, non-perishable finger food. Cookies were the obvious choice.
After consulting my Pinterest boards, I came across this Pumpkin Sugar Cookie recipe from Big Oven. Only slightly adapted, these babies will liven up any cookie tray.
PRO TIP: Don’t skip sifting your dry ingredients. It helps evenly distribute and removes clumps which prevents overmixing.
They are also good to make with that little bit of pumpkin puree leftover in the gigantic can. You know, the cup or so that you can not seem to mash into the pie crust?
PRO TIP: Cooking on wire racks allows for air to circulate around the whole cookie, allowing them to cool faster and more evenly.
If you liked this pumpkin sugar cookies recipe, check out these other easy pumpkin spice recipes:
Tools for making Pumpkin Sugar Cookies:
Insulated Cookie Sheet– Insulated cookie sheets allow hot air to circulate around the entire cookie, resulting in even baking.
Stand Mixer- While this is an investment, I can guarantee you will use it more than you realize and will never regret the decision.
Measuring Utensils– While I like to eyeball it, most folks prefer to measure. Suit yourself 🙂
Questions you might have about how to make pumpkin cookies:
Can I use brown sugar instead of granulated sugar on top? You sure can! It will give them a slight molasses flavor.
Can I use frosting instead of a sugar topping? You are after my own heart. Frost away. I would suggest a nice cream cheese frosting.
How do I store these sugar cookies? Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
CONNECT WITH SAVORY EXPERIMENTS!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Pinterest | Instagram
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
Spiced Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
Pumpkin Sugar Cookies:
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together dry ingredients including flour, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter, sugar and light brown sugar. When blended, light and creamy, add egg, vanilla and pumpkin.
- Gradually add dry mixture to wet until fully combined.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- After dough has chilled, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix topping ingredients, sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
- With clean hands, roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls. Dough might be sticky and not roll well, have no fear, just plop it into the sugar and coat.
- Place onto a parchment paper or silmat lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Dip the flat bottom of a pint glass into the sugar and flatten each ball until approximately 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until cookie tops start to crack. Do not wait until cookies brown, they will be overdone.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet for at least 5 minutes before carefully transferring to a cooling rack using a spatula.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, please come back and leave a comment to let us know how it went and if you made any modifications!