This is one of my favorite pumpkin bread recipes! Pumpkin bread with chocolate chips will become an all time favorite fall treat! Make sure you try this delicious chocolate pumpkin bread soon!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread is easy to make, soft and flavorful. A perfect loaf for breakfast or dessert!
How do the holidays sneak up on me every year? They come on fast and just like… they are gone. This year I am home alone the week before Thanksgiving, but I’m actually looking forward to the time myself to bake. Chocolate chip pumpkin bread was at the top of my baking list.
While it is super quiet this week, next week our house will be packed with friends and family. In order to enjoy the holiday as much as they will, I plan to spend my quiet week getting ready for the joyful madness to come.
I grabbed the two items I still needed to make my chocolate chip pumpkin bread, LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin and NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Morsels.
Knowing I was going to need time and energy to make my master plan work, I also grabbed NESCAFÉ® TASTER’S CHOICE® Instant Coffee and NESTLÉ® COFFEE-MATE® Liquid Coffee Creamer for my pick-me-up. As well as a DIGIORNO® RISING CRUST® Pizza, because I surely wasn’t going to have time to bake up a storm and make dinner!
Chocolate chip pumpkin bread is based on my banana walnut bread, one of my most popular recipes. This recipe is ideal for when you have just a little pumpkin puree leftover from your pumpkin cheesecake or pumpkin sugar cookies.
Only one cup is needed to give this loaf a beautiful orange hue. Add chocolate chips for the ultimate bread that can be served for breakfast or dessert. Another bonus? It freezes well! Wrap tightly and well and keep in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Yippee for Pumpkin bread!
If you liked this pumpkin bread recipe, make sure you check out these other easy pumpkin recipes:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Morsels
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream shortening and sugar, then add eggs and pumpkin puree. Blend on low until just mixed, over blending or beating will result in tough bread, so keep it slow and just until it comes together.
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Gradually add to wet mixture until combined.
- By hand, fold in chocolate morsels with a spatula.
- Lightly coat a 9-inch bread pan with cooking spray and line bottom with parchment paper for easy removal. Transfer batter into bread pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until top is lightly brown and it passes the toothpick test. If the top starts to brown too fast, loosely cover with a leaf of aluminum foil.
- Cool for 15-20 minutes and then remove from pan by gently turning upside down.
- East immediately or wrap well and freeze.