Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe
This is one of my favorite pumpkin bread recipes! Pumpkin bread with chocolate chips will become an all-time favorite fall treat.
Make sure you try this delicious chocolate pumpkin bread soon!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread is easy to make, soft, and flavorful. A perfect loaf for breakfast or dessert!
How do the holidays sneak up on me every year? All too often, they come on fast and then, in the blink of an eye, they are gone.
I always think of the recipes I didn’t make or the new ones I didn’t get a chance to try in all the hubbub.
This year I am home alone the week before Thanksgiving, but I’m actually looking forward to taking advantage of that time in the kitchen. Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread is one of those recipes that is at the top of my baking list.
While it is super quiet this week, next week will be absolute madness between friends and family coming and going. I like to stock the kitchen with readily snackable recipes.
This recipe is just the thing to serve guests for breakfast, as an afternoon snack, or for dessert.
Chocolate chip pumpkin bread is based on my banana walnut bread, which is one of my most popular recipes. Think of it as a banana bread for sweater weather. Sweet, moist, and a hint of the season.
The only things you may need to buy at the store are, LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin and NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Morsels. You will most likely have the rest of the ingredients in your pantry and the fridge already.
Pumpkin is a fantastic ingredient for bread much like bananas are. Both offer up a huge amount of moisture, both give a great amount of flavor, and each has enough sugar to sweeten things up without making them too saccharin.
Only one cup is needed to give this loaf a beautiful orange hue. If you are feeling really ambitious, you could use homemade pumpkin puree as well.
The chocolate chips, while not necessary, give it a hint of bittersweet that is delightful. Chopped walnuts would be another great addition to this recipe.
Another bonus? It freezes well! Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and some foil or put it in a freezer bag for added protection and keep it in the freezer for up to 2 months.
When you are ready to enjoy the Pumpkin Bread, take it out of the fridge and allow it to come to room temperature for an hour or two on the counter. Slice and serve!
Whether you are making it for yourself or for a crowd, it is sure to please. Yippee for pumpkin bread!
If you liked this pumpkin bread recipe, make sure you check out these other easy pumpkin recipes:
- Pumpkin Butter
- Homemade Pumpkin Puree
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
- Pumpkin Waffles
- Easy Pumpkin Pie
- How to Fix Cracks in Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Brownies
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
CONNECT WITH SAVORY EXPERIMENTS!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Pinterest | Instagram
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Morsels
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream shortening and sugar, then add eggs and pumpkin puree. Blend on low until just mixed, over blending or beating will result in tough bread, so keep it slow and just until it comes together.
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Gradually add to wet mixture until combined.
- By hand, fold in chocolate morsels with a spatula.
- Lightly coat a 9-inch bread pan with cooking spray and line bottom with parchment paper for easy removal. Transfer batter into bread pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until top is lightly brown and it passes the toothpick test. If the top starts to brown too fast, loosely cover with a leaf of aluminum foil.
- Cool for 15-20 minutes and then remove from pan by gently turning upside down.
- East immediately or wrap well and freeze.