Mediterranean Bratwurst Recipes
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Smithfield Yuengling Traditional Lager Bratwursts.
Have you seen them at your local grocer yet? Smithfield Yuengling Traditional Lager Bratwurst were just released as part of the Smithfield Craft Collection. And you know me and how much I love my Smithfield!
Mediterranean Bratwurst use juicy bratwurst, sautéed bell peppers and onion, garlic hummus and wrapped in tender naan bread. A simple grilled summer meal.
Although Smithfield and Yuengling are two traditional brands known for their long standing heritage and dedication to craftsmanship, I wanted to create an out-of-the-box summer grilling recipe.
Anyone can grill a brat and top it with beer and bacon sauerkraut. My objective was to compliment the full-bodied amber ale and rich, bold brats with a new flavor pairing.
I decided on Mediterranean Bratwurst! We are going to skip the bun and replace it with naan, which is technically Indian, but easier for wrapping a brat than pita bread and used interchangeably in Mediterranean cuisine.
Pita is typically a smaller circumference and wouldn’t adequately fit your flavor bursting Smithfield Yuengling Traditional Lager Bratwurst.
The entire preparation took less than 30 minutes. I even used the side burner of my grill to sauté up the bell peppers and onions so my kitchen never got hot.
Warming your naan slightly will help with pliability, making it easier to eat your Mediterranean Bratwurst like a wrap or hot dog. You can also use regular or other craft beer flavored bratwurst if you can’t get the Yuengling flavor in your market.
After turning off the grill and while my brats rested, I placed the naan directly on the grates and closed the lid giving them just the quick heat they needed to warm up.
While I originally made my Mediterranean Bratwurst for a quick weeknight meal, I also made them the following weekend for a Sunday get together.
I created a quick assembly line and enlisted the assistance of hubby and friend, used a brown parchment paper and cooking twine to create pre-made and wrapped Mediterranean Bratwurst for easy, utensil and plate free handling!
And of course, be sure to serve your summer grilled meal with a Yuengling Lager, one of our county’s oldest and most cherished breweries.
If you liked this recipe, check these out:
- Sweet and Spicy Italian Sausage Sandwiches
- Easy French Dip Sandwiches
- Italian Beef Hoagies
- Baseball Eats
Most Popular Recipes on the Site:
- Nashville Hot Sauce Using Butter (Not Oil)
- Hibachi Sauce
- Edible Cookie Dough
- Garbage Plates
- Cheesy Tater Tots
- Maryland Style Crab Cakes
- Easy Hush Puppies
- Cornell Chicken
- Balsamic Reduction
- Homemade Horseradish Sauce
If you liked this Easy Dinner Recipe, snag a copy of my Easy Dinner Recipes Mini-Cookbook. Available here for only $0.99, here is a small collection of time-saving, hearty and satisfying dinners guaranteed to get you in and out in 30 minutes or less!
Yuengling Mediterranean Bratwurst
- 4 Smithfield Yuengling Traditional Lager Bratwurst
- 4 large naan flatbreads
- 1/2 cup garlic hummus
- 1/2 green bell pepper julienned
- 1/2 red bell pepper julienned
- 1/2 cup sweet onion cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Clean and coat grates with vegetable oil for cooking spray.
- Cook Smithfield Yuengling Traditional Lager Bratwurst over indirect heat, turning occasionally for 10-12 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.
- Meanwhile, on the side burner of your grill or on the stovetop, heat a frying pan with 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil. Add julienned bell peppers and onions, stirring until soft and cooked, approximately 5-8 minutes.
- Remove Smithfield Yuengling Traditional Lager Bratwurst from the grill and allow to rest for 3-5 minutes. Turn off heat and place naan flatbread directly onto the grates. Close lid and allow to heat while brats are resting.
- Assemble your Mediterranean Bratwurst by placing one brat in each warmed naan wrapper. Evenly divide cold garlic hummus and sautéed bell peppers and onions. Serve and enjoy!
- If you liked this recipe, come back and let us know how you liked it!