This homemade hummus is super easy to make and super delicious to eat! Serve it up as a party appetizer with some pita chips, or whatever you choose. It only takes 10 minutes to make, you and your guests won’t be disappointed!
Spicy Hummus with Chipotle Peppers is a spicy homemade hummus recipe. This is the best hummus recipes to make because it is so easy and it stores great!
I hope you like spicy hummus! While I like milder flavors, I am a sucker for the ones that make my nose sweat, like Spicy Hummus with Chipotle Peppers. Since the hummus food trend started several years ago, I jumped on the bandwagon. Justifying the fact that hummus is a healthier snack option, I could take down an entire container in one sitting. Don’t judge, okay?
At $5 a pop, I had to start making my own. Homemade hummus is really simple to make and the base recipe of tahini (sesame paste), chickpeas and olive oil can be made into unlimited flavors. Use the same base to make garlic, roasted red pepper or carrot flavored hummus.
There is something about homemade hummus that I just love. You can combine whatever flavors you want and they all turn out pretty great. This shows you exactly how to make hummus step by step in 10 minutes and under. You pretty much throw everything into the food processor and blend it until smooth. Easy peasy!
Hummus can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Who says it will even last that long with how great it is?! Since you are making it fresh, the shelf life isn’t as long but it is even healthier without all those additives and preservatives.
The only special equipment you will need is a food processor, but you can get a small one and work in batches. I serve mine with pita chips, homemade tortilla chips or whole wheat flatbreads. Also use hummus on flatbread, or sandwiches!
If you loved this Spicy Hummus recipe, be sure to check out these other easy recipes:
- 10-Minute Hummus Soup and Chicken Soup
- Hummus with Harissa (Clear-Your-Sinuses Spicy Hummus)
- Homemade Tortilla Chips
- Turmeric Hummus
- 28 ounces chickpeas , drained, reserve liquid
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons reserved chickpea liquid
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- 4 tablespoons chipotle peppers in adobo sauce , divided and chopped
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts , toasted
- Olive oil drizzle , optional
- In a food processor, combine 1 tablespoon chipotle peppers with chickpeas, extra virgin olive oil, reserved chickpea liquid, tahini, fine sea salt and pepper.
- Blend until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Top with additional chopped chipotle peppers, toasted pine nuts and additional extra virgin olive oil (if desired).
If you've tried this recipe, make sure to come back and let us know how it was!