This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Smithfield® Fresh Pork. The opinions and text are all mine.
Fire up your grill, summer is here! Make your first grilled meal of the season easy Grilled Stuffed Pork Chops!
Grilled Stuffed Pork Chops are an easy grilled pork recipe. Herb marinated pork is stuffed with bread crumbs, herbs and Parmesan cheese and grilled to flavorful perfection in just 15 minutes!
Is it just me or did it seem like winter lasted ridiculously long this year? In fact, today was the first day it really felt like summer, only there was no spring. It went from cold to hot overnight. Literally.
Even though we grill year-round, summer heat has me craving delicious grilled meals like Grilled Stuffed Pork Chops. We love hanging around the deck and chatting about our day while we prepare dinner together, but we also like taking our daughter for a nice long walk, so quick meals are key.
Enter Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork! In my opinion, Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork is a kitchen essential. I always keep a few packages in my freezer for flavorful, easy meals.
Whether I just want to grill it up and serve it with a salad or get fancy and make a stuffed pork chop recipe, they provide consistently delicious and tender marinated pork.
Championship Pitmasters even prefer Smithfield both in competition and home, so you know it has to be good.
For my Grilled Stuffed Pork Chops, I used Roasted Herb and Garlic Boneless Center Cut Pork Chops. They come in packages of 4, but are individually wrapped and sealed, so I can make just 2 if it is just my family, but easily increase it to 4 or more when we entertain.
The pork is already marinated, so it takes a ton of time out of my meal prep. It takes me less than 5 minutes to prepare what I call a crunch pocket, a simple bread crumb stuffing popping with herbs, garlic and Parmesan cheese.
Seal them shut with toothpicks and less than 15 minutes later, dinner is served!
Check out even more easy pork recipes perfect for a busy weeknight or chill weekend meal:
- 4 Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork Roasted Garlic & Herb Boneless Center Cut Pork Chops
- 1 tablespoons butter , melted
- 1 tablespoon minced dried onion
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese , plus more for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Parsley , chopped, optional for garnish
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Soak 16 toothpicks in water.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, minced dried onion, minced garlic, bread crumbs, dried parsley, kosher salt, smoked paprika, rubbed sage, dried thyme, ground black pepper and Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- Remove pork chops from packaging. Lay a pork chop on its side and using a very sharp knife, cut a slit in the side, being careful to not cut all the way through. This is your crunch pocket.
- Stuff each pork chop with equal parts breads crumb mixture. Secure with toothpicks.
- Grill over indirect heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until internal temperature of pork reaches 145 degrees.
- Remove and allow to rest for a few minutes before garnishing with additional grated Parmesan cheese and parsley.
We love comments, please come back and let us know how you liked this recipe and if you made any delicious modifications!
To find inspiration of your own, check out the Smithfield Championship Pitmasters page or the Smithfield Facebook page. Look for it in the meat section of your local Safeway or Albertsons grocery store!