Delicious Grilled Avocados with Mango Salsa Chicken will have you feeling like you are on a tropical vacation without leaving your backyard. Healthy and easy to make!
The sun is out, puffy clouds gently dance across the sky and I am ready for a warm weather vacation! Only problem is, my vacation isn’t planned for another couple of months. Instead I create our own little summer staycation paradise at home. Frozen drinks, miniature umbrellas and Grilled Avocados with Peruvian Chicken and Mango Salsa using Mezzetta Peppers bring the heat and make me think of the tropical paradise I am yearning for.
What also comes with my vacation is a lot of relaxation, which is why my Grilled Avocados with Peruvian Chicken and Mango Salsa takes less than 30 minutes to put together and can be done ahead of time with only 3 minutes (yes, 3 minutes!!!) on the grill. It is also a light meal that won’t slow me down on the lawn games for the rest of the evening. You should see my bocce ball skills.
Grilled Avocados with Peruvian Chicken and Mango Salsa tosses shredded chicken with a Peruvian spice blend and lime juice, paired with a sweet mango salsa. Chilled chicken and mango salsa complement hot, creamy and cool grilled avocado beautifully.
I love using Mezzetta brand peppers to achieve the flavor I am going for. Roasted Red Bell Peppers give my grilled avocados a cool sweetness, but the additional of Mezzetta Deli-Sliced Jalapeño Peppers or Hot Wax Banana Peppers will bring the heat, perfect for serving with an ice cold beer.
Mezzetta harvests their peppers at the height of ripeness and preserves them a proprietary brine keeping them crunchy and flavorful all the way to your kitchen.
If you are looking for even more fabulous appetizers, snag a copy of my Easy Appetizers Beyond Dips Mini-Cookbook. Available here for only $0.99, one of these fun and festive appetizers sure to be the hit of any gathering!
- 2 large avocados
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded chicken *see note
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 mango diced
- 1/2 cup Mezzetta Roasted Red Peppers
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- Toss shredded chicken with spices and lime juice, set aside or refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine all ingredients for mango salsa in a medium bowl, toss and set aside or refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cut avocados in half removing the seed. Brush each side with olive oil and heat the grill on high. Place cut side directly on the grate and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove and top with Peruvian shredded chicken and mango salsa. Serve immediately and enjoy!
If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!
I use a plain rotisserie chicken from the grocery store for my shredded chicken. Since you only need a small amount. Consider making Buffalo Chicken Dip with the remainder.
I hope you enjoy your Grilled Avocados with Peruvian Chicken and Mango Salsa and precious time with your family. Happy summer!