I love any weekend that I don’t have to get out of my yoga pants and I can literally just putz around the kitchen. This past week I went to the store on Friday and Strawberries were on sale.
No-Bake Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie- A no-bake pie made with graham cracker crust, a layer of sweet cream cheese, loads of fresh strawberries and a homemade strawberry jelly.
I bought pounds, as in 10 pounds, of strawberries and decided to re-photograph some old posts and make some new ones. After all, strawberries are SO in this season. Meet my No-Bake Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie.
I see Strawberry Pies all over the place on Pinterest. They look lovely, but the contents sound a little too sweet for my taste. Made of mostly gelatin and thick strawberry sauces, I wanted something more savory to break up my strawberry pie.
I started by using a traditional pie crust (pre-made because I hate making pie crusts!). I spent some time molding it into my favorite pie dish, attempting a cute fluted edge and even broke out my trusty pie weights placed it into the oven with my first attempt at Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie and when it came it… it was disastrous!
I added egg for a traditional cheesecake texture and that was a mistake, it took over the whole pie crust leaving no room for actual strawberries. OK… try again.
I sent hubby to the store for more crusts, but couldn’t find the dough, so he brought me 2 graham cracker crusts and more cream cheese. I opted for a no-bake cheesecake instead, avoiding the over baking, and then a gelatin center to glaze my fresh strawberries.
This soon turned into a “no-bake” project and won over my co-workers with its multifaceted flavor profile and texture. No-Bake Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie is a winner!
If you liked this easy dessert recipe, you might enjoy these others:
- 1 8- inch graham cracker crust
- 3 ounces cream cheese room temperture
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup fresh strawberries sliced
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- .25 ounces strawberry gelatin (half of a small box)
- 1 cup hot water microwave for 60 seconds
- 3/4 cup sugar
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment or in a medium mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Evenly spread into the bottom of the graham cracker crust.
- Top cream cheese layer with freshly sliced strawberries.
- In a small bowl, mix together cornstarch and gelatin.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine hot water with sugar, stir until dissolved. Whisk in cornstarch and gelatin mixture until fully combined.
- While still hot, pour over fresh strawberries until pie crust is full.
- Place into the refrigerator until set, approximately 30 minutes. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.