This Italian Nachos recipe is perfect as a starter, for game day, or as an appetizer at a party. They are sure to change the way people look at regular nachos.
Italian Nachos are a new twist on an old favorite. Crunchy, spicy, and loaded with toppings, these are about as addictive as they come.
We all have a favorite good nacho recipe up our sleeves. Tortilla chips, salsa, refried beans, sour cream, cheese, guacamole, onions, and jalapeños. What’s not to love?
Make sure you PIN Italian Nachos!
I decided to spice things up a little bit. Out with the old and in with the new! Why not keep the tortilla chips as little vehicles for flavor but swap out the flavor profiles on top?
Instead of pickled or raw jalapenos, I use peppadew peppers. These are the star of my Italian Nachos.
They look like a cross between a cherry tomato & bell pepper and pack a wallop of flavor. PLus, they are just pretty.
When these peppers are preserved, the seeds are removed (that is where much of the heat comes from) and are they are pickled in a sugar brine to help mellow them out. Sweet and spicy!
Look for these in “olive bar” section of your grocer or in the pickle aisle. The rest of the ingredients are easy to come by and can be omitted for modified for your guests.
PRO TIP: Spread your tortilla chips on a sheet tray in a single layer. The single layer ensures every chip gets a little bit of love. No chip should go naked!
These Italian Nachos were so delicious, that I want to create more variations. What extraordinary or bizarre ingredients do you like on your nachos?? Tell me in the comments below!
If you loved my Italian Nachos recipe, check out these other easy appetizer recipes:
- 7 Layer Dip
- Creamy Jalapeno Stuffed Mushrooms
- How to Build The Ultimate Cheese Board
- Crabby Totchos
- Ranch Spinach Dip
Tools for making Italian Nachos:
Wood cutting board – wood won’t dull your knives like plastic and if treated properly, has natural antimicrobial properties.
Good knife – Global is my favorite! They are worth the price, I promise. I am kind of obsessed with them and store them tucked away so no one else can use them. Including hubby. Hands off my good stuff!
Rimmed Baking Sheet– another kitchen staple! You’ll use this for prep work, roasting and much more. I have 7 at my house.
CONNECT WITH SAVORY EXPERIMENTS!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Pinterest | Instagram
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
- 2 plum tomatoes, centers, stems and seeds removed, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 white onion, diced
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 4 peppadews, minced (you can find these in the olive bar section of your grocer)
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 Italian sausage links, cooked and crumbled
- 1-2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- tortilla chips
- Combine tomatoes through red wine vinegar in a medium bowl, toss lightly to coat. Set aside.
- On a large, foil-lined, rimmed baking sheet, spread tortilla chips in a single layer.
- Sprinkle crumbled Italian sausage mixture over tortilla chips. Evenly spoon tomato mixture over sausage. Finish with a healthy top layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Place nachos under broiler on high. Watch very closely to prevent them from burning. Remove when cheese melts and gets bubbly. Enjoy your Italian Nachos!
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!