Nachos are one of my favorite Tex-Mex foods, as well as one of my favorite recipes for parties and snacks for a crowd. These Buffalo Chicken Nachos are my new favorite nachos recipe!
Buffalo Chicken Nachos are loaded with all of your favorite chicken nachos ingredients and topped with delicious buffalo chicken for extra flavor and spicy. Perfect for game days, holiday parties, or a Tex-Mex dinner.
November is not only the month of Thanksgiving and preparing for Christmas, but it’s also the month of football. By now, NFL season is well underway and football parties and tailgating is a regular occurrence. We don’t throw game day parties at my house often but we are often invited to them.
My favorite part of game day parties is not actually the game but socializing with friends and, of course, the food. While everyone expects chicken wings, pizza, and chips and dip on game day I like to mix it up and often bring chicken nachos. I decided to combine two popular game day dishes – buffalo chicken and nachos – to create this delicious Buffalo Chicken Nachos recipe.
Like typical chicken nachos, these buffalo nachos are made with delicious tortilla chips, melted cheese, tomatoes, avocado, jalapenos, and lime. However, the chicken is tossed with my homemade Buffalo sauce for that favorite spicy flavor.
The buffalo sauce and jalapenos do make this a spicy nachos recipe but I do find that the avocado and cheese help to tone down the heat and, of course, you can always leave out the jalapenos. One of my favorite things about chicken nachos is that you can customize them to be as spicy (or not) as you’d like.
Buffalo Chicken Nachos are always a hit at parties, especially game day get-togethers, but you can also serve them as a Tex-Mex meal on their own too. I think nachos can be a good substitute for tacos sometimes and they’re so quick and easy to pull together.
To keep things easy with this buffalo chicken recipe, I used rotisserie chicken but you can always cook down a regular chicken breast too.
Since you like these Buffalo Chicken Nachos, you may like these other easy nachos recipes:
If you are looking for even more fabulous appetizers, snag a copy of my Easy Appetizers Beyond Dips Mini-Cookbook. Available here for only $0.99, one of these fun and festive appetizers sure to be the hit of any gathering!
Buffalo Chicken Nachos
- 1 cup chicken , shredded*
- 2 tablespoon homemade Buffalo sauce
- 1 cup colby cheese , shredded
- 4 cups blue corn tortilla chips
- 2 tablespoons fresh jalapeno , sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons tomato , chopped
- 2 tablespoons avocado , diced
- 1 lime , cut into wedges
- Toss shredded chicken in buffalo sauce.
- In a large cast iron skillet, spread out blue corn tortilla chips. Top with shredded Colby cheese. Place 3-4 inches from the top on high broil.
- Allow cheese to melt, approximately 1-2 minutes. Watch carefully!
- Remove and top with chicken. Turn off oven, but return pan to oven and close door for 3-4 minutes to let chicken warm.
- Garnish with fresh jalapeno, cilantro, tomato, avocado and fresh lime juice.
- If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!
Buffalo Chicken Nachos were made in honor of National Nacho Day and as part of my Celebrating Food group! Check out some of the other fabulous nacho recipes:
- Nacho Soup from Creations by Kara
- Hawaiian Barbecue Chicken Nachos by Crumb
- Easy Dessert Nachos by Real Mom Kitchen
- Vegan Nacho Cheese by Namely Marly
- Instant Pot Pulled Pork Nachos by 365 Days of Slow Cooking and Pressure Cooking
- Chicken Fajita Nachos by The Baker Upstairs
- Spicy Pulled Pork Nachos by Supergolden Bakes
- Homemade nacho cheese sauce by My Mommy Style
- Italian Nachos
- BBQ Pulled Pork Potato Chip Nachos
- BBQ Chicken Nachos