One of my favorite things to do in the kitchen is take something basic and easy, like box brownie mix, and turning it into something special, like this yummy Halloween themed dessert.
If you’re also a fan of box brownie recipes, these Halloween Brownies are for you!
Halloween Brownies are an easy box brownie recipe topped with cookie frosting and sprinkles. A fun Halloween themed dessert with little prep and work!
As we know, when it comes to Halloween themed desserts, I like cute and colorful more than anything else. And when it comes to desserts in general, easy is my preference.
Make sure you PIN these Fudgy Halloween Brownies!
I combined those two things to make these fun Halloween Brownies, made with….brownie mix. Yes. That’s right. I used a box brownie recipe to make these Halloween Brownies!
People are flabbergasted when they find out that I don’t always make everything from scratch.
Truth be told, I have a stash of brownie and cake mixes in my garage. They’re something I always stock up on during any 10 for $10 sales at the supermarket.
Just because you make something from a box doesn’t mean that you can’t put your own spin on it to make it unique. My Halloween Brownies used a box of brownie mix with leftover cookie icing and sprinkles from my Halloween Chocolate Sugar Cookies.
Together, they made a beautiful dessert platter than gave variation for those who prefer one over the other and both were baked and done during just one nap time, which is how I measure all of my time these days, in naps.
And these fabulous Sprinkles are a custom blend straight from Sweets & Treats Shop! They have fun and festive blends for every occassions and holiday.
Here are some other fun and easy variations for amping brownie box mix:
- Add 2 teaspoons flavored extract.
- Add 1 cup chopped nuts.
- Add 1 cup chocolate, butterscotch or toffee chips.
- Top with fudge or easy caramel sauce.
- Sprinkle with fleur de sel, making them sweet and salty!
I have to admit that because they’re so easy, these brownies have become one of my favorite Halloween desserts this year. Even better, because they’re so festive and delicious, everyone thinks I made them from scratch.
You may like these other easy Halloween desserts:
CONNECT WITH SAVORY EXPERIMENTS!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Pinterest | Instagram
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
- 1 batch brownies , baked
- 1/4 cup cookie icing
- Favorite sprinkles
- When brownies are cooled, drizzle with slightly warm cookie icing.
- While tacky, sprinkle with favorite sprinkles and allow to set before cutting.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, let us know how it was!
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Hocus Pocus Spellbook Cookie Sandwiches from Big Bear’s Wife
- Candy Corn Cupcakes from Pastry Chef Online
- Chocolate Spider Cheesecake Cheeseball from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Skeleton in the Grave Dirt Cups from Mrs Happy Homemaker
- Super Spooky Graveyard Cake from I am a Honey Bee
- Halloween Mousse Ice Cream Cones from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Monster Snack Mix from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Royal Icing Eyeballs from Kudos Kitchen
- Black Chocolate Cupcakes Filled with Slime from The Baking Fairy
- The Crypt Keeper Cocktail from Who Needs A Cape?
- Halloween Deviled Tea Eggs from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Halloween Brownies from Savory Experiments
- Halloween Candy Cookie Skillet from Katie’s Cucina