Black bean brownies?! Say what…yes, believe it or not these flourless brownies are quite possibly the most delicious homemade brownies you’ll ever make. Trust me on this one!
Black Bean Brownies are delicious, rich gluten free brownies. Since they’re flourless brownies and the black beans are full of fiber, this is actually a healthy brownie recipe!
Black beans in brownies? Really? No, thanks…that’s what I originally thought when I first heard of black bean brownies. There was absolutely no way that black beans could taste good in dessert or even come anywhere close to tasting like chocolate.
Well, it turns out I was wrong.
Black Bean Brownies are actually an easy way to make delicious gluten free brownies. Oh, and they’re flourless brownies too! The perfect guilt-free dessert!
If you’ve tried to make homemade healthy brownies before, I’m going to guess and say you’ve probably tested some recipes that resulted in dry brownies. If you’re a fan of cake-like brownies, maybe that’s not an issue but if you’re a fudgy brownie kind of person like me, you were probably a little disappointed.
Despite containing only 2 tablespoons of butter, these gluten-free brownies are deliciously fudgy and not at all dry. Just be sure to stick to the recommended bake time so as not to overcook them.
And there is so little clean-up because the whole thing is made in a blender! My Blendtec has a cleaning cycle, so it was literally done by the time I had my brownies in the oven.
So, what do these Black Bean Brownies taste like? Chocolate. Seriously. These flourless brownies turn black beans into something that tastes like chocolate.
I’ve even sampled these on people who didn’t know what they were and they never would have guessed they were eating Black Bean Brownies!
A good healthy brownie recipe is hard to find, so I definitely recommend trying this Black Bean Brownies. Whether you’re looking specifically for gluten-free brownies or flourless brownies are just trying to find a guilt-free homemade brownie recipe, you won’t find anything better than these!
Scroll on down for even more Chocolate Brownie Recipes!
- 15 ounces black beans , rinsed and drained
- 3 eggs , lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter , melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x9 square baking dish with parchment paper and coat with cooking spray.
- Place black beans and 1 egg in a blender, blending and scraping the sides until a paste forms.
- Add one egg at a time, blending between additions.
- Add honey, melted butter, vanilla extract and almond extract, blending well and scraping down the sides.
- Add in cocoa powder, baking powder and salt, blending one more time.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish. Top with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the center passes the toothpick test.
- Cool completely before cutting into 9 brownies.
- If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!
Adapted from Ambitious Kitchen.
Yay! It is National Chocolate Brownie Day! Some blogger friends and I got together to celebrate by making ALL the chocolate brownies! You’re welcome 🙂
- Easy Homemade Brownies by Pretty Providence
- Brownie Peppermint Ice Cream Pie by Real Mom Kitchen
- Healthy Brownies by Namely Marly
- Simple Chocolate Orange Brownies by An Italian in my Kitchen
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies by Creations by Kara
- Chocolate Gingerbread Brownies by The Baker Upstairs
- Christmas Tree Brownies by SupergoldenBakes
And even more chocolate brownies recipes…
- The Ultimate Slutty Brownies
- S’More Brownies
- Junior Mint Brownies
- Fudgy Brownie Bars
- Best Brownie Recipe Ever!