Oh happy day, it is fajita day! Check out my recipe for smoky, delicious fajitas at home!
- 2 chicken breasts , cut into thin strips
- 3 bell peppers , cut into thin slices
- 1 sweet onion , cut into thin slices
- 1 teaspoons chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 avocado pitted and sliced
- 2 limes cut into wedges
- Additional condiments of your choice: salsa sour cream, guacamole, hot sauce, cheese, fresh cilantro
Mix chile powder, Kosher salt, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, cumin and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, bell peppers and onion. Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked and onions are soft.
Add chicken, bell peppers and onion, toss to combine. Drizzle with vegetable oil and continue to mix.
Spoon chicken and vegetable mixture into a warm flour tortilla and top with avocado slices, freshly squeezed lime juice and your choice of additional toppings.