This Butter Ice Cream is so fun to make! Once you know how to make ice cream right in the comfort of your own home, you’ll never buy store bought ice cream again!
This Butter Ice Cream recipe is a velvety, butter ice cream that is deliciously thick and creamy! You only need a handful of ingredients to make this homemade ice cream right in your kitchen! This sweet and salty Butter Ice Cream is perfect to make and freeze to enjoy on a hot summer day!
Initially Butter Ice Cream might sound a little odd. Maybe even down right gross, but let me tell you, it is the most rich, decadent and addictive dessert you will ever churn. Sweet and salty, the best! If you apply a little bit of logic it actually makes perfect sense.
Ice cream is made from cream, whole milk, sugar, salt and add-ins (flavors). If you’ve read my post on how to make Blender Butter, you know that butter is the separation of heavy whipping cream into butter and buttermilk.
Really all ice cream is made of the same ingredients as butter. Some are also put off by raw egg yolk. I buy pasteurized eggs to prevent things such as salmonella, but in all honesty, as long as the eggs are fresh and kept at a cold temperature, they should be fine. Many of your favorite meals use under-cooked or raw eggs.
Things like carbonara sauce, frozen custard and tiramisu. The biggest difference in my Butter Ice Cream is the amplified butter flavor which pairs heavenly with many other dessert items, but my favorite is Butterscotch Blondies.
I have to say, an ice cream maker is one of the best kitchen gadget inventions out there! Trust me it will help you get through the summer feeling cool and refreshed! Just imagine all the different ice cream flavors you can try making with this handy little machine!
If you loved this ice cream recipe, check out these other easy ice cream recipes:
Tools for making Butter Ice Cream:
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 ounce butter extract
- 1 cup butter , melted
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt , I used closer to 2 because I like well salted butter
- Whip together all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Set into the refrigerator until you are ready to make your ice cream.
- Prepare your ice cream maker, which can take up to 24 hours for proper freezing.
- Pour all ingredients into ice cream maker and turn on. Let the machine do the work! You should have velvety butter ice cream in about 30 minutes.
- Spoon into an air tight container and place in the freezer to harden to ice cream consistency. Butter ice cream can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.