Peppermint Ice Cream Recipe
Peppermint is one of my favorite winter flavors and this peppermint ice cream is my go-to to curb the craving!
No-Churn Peppermint Ice Cream is an easy-to-make ice cream recipe, even if you don’t have an ice cream maker. It will become your go-to no-churn ice cream recipe this winter!
Pumpkin spice is to fall what peppermint is to winter and now that we’re past Halloween, I find no shame in turning my kitchen into a bit of a peppermint experimentation center.
One of my favorite peppermint flavored things in candy canes, so I actually like to use candy canes to add peppermint flavor when baking.
That’s how this No-Churn Peppermint Ice Cream came to be. Made with crushed candy canes, this could also be called a Candy Cane Ice Cream.
It’s a simple to make homemade ice cream that doesn’t require an ice cream maker!
I could sit here and claim that no-churn ice cream is just as good as churned ice cream, but I would be lying. However, I don’t think it is a matter of what is better. It’s like comparing gelato to sorbet to sherbet.
Asking what is the difference between no-churn ice cream and regular ice cream or how does no-churn ice cream work are better questions.
Regular, ice cream maker ice cream uses sugar dissolved in cream using heat, cooled and then churned while cold until frozen.
Make sure you PIN No Churn Peppermint Ice Cream!
No-churn ice cream is made with a sweetened condensed milk, so you can skip the step of dissolving sugar in heavy cream. And instead of churning, you blend in whipped cream and freeze.
They both taste good, but they are a little different in texture. No-churn is actually lighter and fluffier, which actually appeals to me. It also melts faster, so eat it fast!
No Churn Peppermint Ice Cream, as I mentioned, gets its flavor from candy canes or other crushed peppermint candy. Besides that, there are only 4 other ingredients to make this candy cane ice cream!
I’m not sure that homemade ice cream can really get easier than that.
While No Churn Peppermint Ice Cream only takes a few minutes of hands-on time, it does need to freeze for a minimum of 10 hours so this is one dessert you’ll want to make in advance!
You can serve your Peppermint Ice Cream in a Sugar Cookie Cup for even more deliciousness!
Since you like this No Churn Peppermint Ice Cream, you may like these other easy homemade ice cream recipes:
CONNECT WITH SAVORY EXPERIMENTS!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Pinterest | Instagram
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
No Churn Peppermint Ice Cream
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy cream , cold
- 1/2 cup peppermint candy , crushed
- Place a 9-inch metal loaf pan in the freezer for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Whisk together sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and salt. Set aside.
- In a metal bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whisk heavy cream until stiff peaks form approximately 2 minutes.
- Fold 1 cup of whipping cream into sweetened condensed milk, then adding remaining whipped cream until fully blended.
- Pour into cold loaf pan. Cover with aluminum foil and freeze for 2 hours.
- Remove and stir in peppermint candy. Recover and freeze for 8-24 hours.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!