This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MeatballPerfection #CollectiveBias
Cheesy Meatball Bombs are easy little meatballs bites covered in marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese and wrapped in pizza dough.
Did you know that March 9th is National Meatball Day? I didn’t either and now I’m busting at the seams trying to settle on a recipe to prepare for my family. There are just so many delicious meatball recipes out there! We are fans of anything prepared in a muffin tin, so I decided on Cheesy Garlic Meatball Bombs!
What could be better than pizza dough basted with garlic butter, dotted with a tender meatball and then topped with marinara, mozzarella and Parmesan? Nothing! Cheesy Garlic Meatball Bombs can be served alongside a leafy green salad as dinner or even as a fun appetizer at parties or potlucks.
Only one type of meatball will do for my Cheesy Garlic Meatball Bombs, Cooked Perfect Meatballs. For this recipe I like to use Italian Style Meatballs, but you can also use Homestyle or even Turkey varieties. They are located in the freezer aisle and come in packages of 14. I know what you are thinking: “my muffin tin only has 12 wells”! This is true, but what is also true is those two last meatballs are going to make a fabulous lunch when added to a little fresh pasta and marinara sauce! In fact, I only made 6 here, but had enough left for an entire other dinner. Yippee!
This Italian girl knows great taste and a good meatball, Cooked Perfect Meatballs are crafted to be authentic, using select meats, real cheese, herbs and spices and then flame broiled to seal in the flavor and juices. The moment you open the bag, the aroma will transport you to your Italian grandmother’s kitchen. If you don’t have one, I’ll let you borrow mine.
Make sure to check out all the flavors Cooked Perfect Meatballs has to offer:
- Angus Beef
- Sweet Italian
- Italian Style
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat 12 well muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Roll out pizza dough, cutting into 12 squares.
- Fit each square into a muffin well.
- Melt butter, garlic powder, fine sea salt and ground black pepper. Baste over each piece of pizza dough.
- Place one Cooked Perfect Meatball in each muffin well. Top with marinara sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese, dividing equally.
- Heat for 13-15 minutes or until pizza dough is puffy and browned.
- Remove and garnish with Parmesan cheese and minced parsley, if desired.