If you have been looking for an easy dip recipe, look no further! This Buffalo Chicken Dip is so tasty, it will be the perfect appetizer to serve with your family and friends!
Buffalo Chicken Dip is a quick and easy appetizer that will work for any party taking only 30 minutes and using pre-shredded chicken!
I love the taste of a well done, crispy buffalo wing soaked with flaming sauce, but not the mess. It drys my lips, gets underneath my nails and then God forbid you touch your eye- oh the humanity! So let’s do this a little differently: Buffalo Chicken Dip.
Fiery hot sauce swirls with silky cream cheese and bakes with bubbly cheddar. Crunchy tortilla chips are serve as the well done exterior and vehicle to get this flavorful dip from the dish to your mouth. Do I need to say more?
I feel like this Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe has only gained popularity in the last two decades. Before that, buffalo chicken wings were only buffalo chicken wings.
Some people use canned chicken, like canned tuna fish, but I have a phobia of any meats found in cans. So I get a cooked rotisserie chicken at the grocery store and then shred it up.
Buffalo Chicken Dip can be prepared up to a day ahead of time and refrigerated until you are ready to bake it. Leftovers (if there are any) taste great as a spread on sandwiches (lightbulb moment!).
If you loved this buffalo chicken dip recipe, check out these other easy buffalo chicken recipes:
- Crispy Baked Garlic Buffalo Wings
- Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
If you liked this Easy Dinner Recipe, snag a copy of my Easy Dinner Recipes Mini-Cookbook. Available here for only $0.99, here is a small collection of time-saving, hearty and satisfying dinners guaranteed to get you in and out in 30 minutes or less!
- 16 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 -1 cup hot sauce such as Texas Pete
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese divided and shredded
- 1 1/2 cups rotisserie chicken shredded, skin removed
- 1 bunch scallions sliced, whites and greens
- Tortilla chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Add hot sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper; blend until combined. Hot sauce can vary from 1/2 cup to 1 cup depending on your desired spice levels. Add slowly, tasting along the way. If you want a little extra kick, add 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- Add shredded chicken, mix. Add scallions and 1 cup cheddar cheese, mix.
- Prepare a casserole dish or pie plate with cooking spray. Spread mixture into dish and top with remaining shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted, bubbly and browned. Top with chopped scallions.
- Serve your Buffalo Chicken Dip with tortilla chips!
If you tried this recipe, come back and let us know!