Dill pickle dip is a quick and easy appetizer that comes together in 5 minutes and will please your dill pickle lover and everyone between.
A cream cheese base with sour cream combine together with plenty of chopped pickles, fresh dill weed, and spices to create a great flavored creamy dip that everyone will rave about on game day or for your next potluck.
Rich and creamy, loaded with herbs and spices, this is such a fun dip to bring to share. This is a perfect appetizer to make for potlucks, barbeques and picnics. Serve with potato chips, crackers, and all the veggie dippers!
The ingredient list for this cream cheese dip is short and sweet, but there are a lot of great additions for all my fans of pickles.
- Cream cheese – You want the full fat kind, at room temperature so its soft and easy to mix.
- Sour Cream – this helps to make the dip creamy and scoopable with all your favorite dippers and gives it a nice tangy kick. You could use plain greek yogurt here, as well.
- Dill Pickle Spears – obvious, right? Get whole pickles and chop them fine. Pickle slices are too thin and tend to not hold up well in the dip. So start with a whole pickle and then dice as finely as you want.
- Fresh Dill – This helps give it an extra boost of that awesome dill flavor.
- Green Onions – also known as scallions, help give it great flavor and color and a fresh crunch.
- Spices – we are using dried garlic powder, salt, and black pepper, here to help boost the flavor. You can also sub these out for 2 tablespoons of ranch seasoning mix.
Hot variations include adding minced bell peppers, a few dabs of hot sauce, more fresh herbs, chopped ham and even minced onion and garlic. You could also switch it up by using spicy pickles (like these Honey Habanero Pickles), butter pickle or sour dill pickles. Dill pickle chips are fine too.
Omit sour cream and make it into a dill pickle cheese ball- unique flavor in a classic party appetizer!
How to Make Dill Pickle Dip
This creamy dill pickle dip is so simple to make. It will only take about 10 minutes to mix up, and then needs a little rest in the fridge to help the flavors blend together well.
- Chop the pickles finely- the finer, the better.
- Mix together the softened cream cheese and sour cream until you get a smooth and creamy base. Using a stand mixer or electric hand mixer is the best way to get a even blend.
- Stir in the chopped dill, green onions, pickle juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Pop in the fridge to allow the dip to chill and the flavors blend together.
- Serve! I also like to serve it with a little more chopped pickle and dill on top so it really stands out.
Storage and Prep
Leftovers can be stored for up to 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge. Leftover dip also makes a great sandwich spread on burgers, wraps and more so if you have leftovers it definitely won’t go to waste.
If you’re prepping for a party, you can definitely make it ahead of time too. This dip can be made up to two days ahead of time. Garnish it with extra chopped pickles and dill right before serving. It is sure to be your new favorite appetizer.
What should I serve this with?
One of the best parts about this dip is that you can serve it with just about anything. They have pickle flavored everything just about, so why not dip alllll the things into a dill pickle dip??
I like to serve this easy dip with my favorite dippers, like:
- Fresh veggies (carrots, radishes, bell pepper strips, cucumber slices)
- Favorite potato chips
- Pita chips
- Baguette slices
- Round butter crackers
Try these other great dips:
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
Dill Pickle Dip
- Cream together the softened cream cheese and sour cream.
- Add the pickles, pickle juice, green onions, dill, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to the cream cheese mixture. Stir well to combine.
- Transfer to an airtight container and place in the fridge for at least 1-2 hours to chill and let the flavors marry.
- Top with additional diced pickles and dill before serving.
- If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was in the comments or ratings!