These delicious spicy ranch pretzels are an amazing snack that you can keep around just for you or that you can make to serve up at a party.
One thing I love about this recipe is that there are only four ingredients needed. Plus, it takes only minutes to make before popping it in the oven.
The next time you’re looking for a quick recipe for a tasty snack, try these easy ranch pretzles that have just a touch of spicy flavor.
What's In This Article
Why You’ll Love Spicy Ranch Pretzels
If you love ranch and you’re a fan of slightly spicy snacks, you’ll adore these pretzels.
- Easy – It couldn’t be easier to make these quick seasoned pretzels.
- Convenient – All of these ingredients are super easy to source at your local grocery store.
- Customizable – You can use this recipe as a start to make your own signature seasoned pretzels.
- Versatile – This easy snack is as great for sticking in lunch boxes or snacking out of the pantry as it is for serving at cookouts or on game day.
It doesn’t get easier than only having to get four easy ingredients to make this simple snack.
- Bag of pretzels – You can use any kind of pretzels you like from pretzel twists or snaps to pretzel sticks. If you’re gifting them, choose the shape that will be easiest to wrap.
- Butter – You’ll need to melt the butter either on the stovetop or in the microwave.
- Packet of ranch seasoning – Choose the brand that you like best. Make your own ranch seasoning too.
- Packet of taco seasoning – You can easily find this at the grocery store, but if you’re inspired to, you can make your own homemade taco seasoning.
How to Make this Spicy Ranch Pretzel Recipe
These pretzels come together so quickly.
- In a large bowl mix all the melted butter, ranch seasoning, taco seasoning, and pretzels together ensuring that the pretzels are entirely coated.
- Pour the pretzel mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and spread out in an even layer.
- Bake the pretzels for the recommended bake time.
- After removing the pretzels from the oven, allow them to come to room temperature before serving.
What to Serve with Ranch Flavored Spicy Pretzels
In our house we love to just snack on spicy ranch pretzels all on their own but you can also pack them as a lunchbox treat to pair with a simple pimento cheese sandwich or turkey club pinwheels. They’re also great at cookouts alongside ranch burgers, brats and hot dogs, or ranch grilled chicken.
These pretzels are also perfect for dipping. You can use, of course, ranch dressing — but you can also try bacon ranch dip, French onion dip, or queso.
We have a few suggestions for variations but you can certainly use this basic recipe as your own canvas for creativity.
- Butter – Since most pretzels are salty, and the seasonings contain salt, too, unsalted butter is what we choose to use but feel free to use salted butter, depending on your palate.
- Savory – Use another savory seasoning mixture like everything bagel or Thai seasoning. Or, try other individual spices or herbs like garlic salt, onion powder, lemon pepper seasoning, or dill weed.
- Spicy – If you want to increase the heat, try adding a few dashes of cayenne pepper powder or red pepper flakes.
- Oil – Instead of butter, try olive oil, vegetable oil, or coconut oil.
Storage, Make Ahead and Freezing
You can store these pretzels for a couple weeks in an airtight container or zip top bag at room temperature.
Make-Ahead: These pretzels are so easy there’s no need to make any of the elements of the snack ahead of time.
Refrigerator: While you can refrigerate them, these are best at room temperature. If you choose to refrigerate them, keep them in an airtight container or a ziploc bag for about 2 weeks.
Freezer: We do not recommend freezing these pretzels.
Other Simple Snacks
Spicy Ranch Pretzels
- 16 ounce bag of pretzels. Pretzel twists , snaps, or sticks will work.
- 1 cup of melted butter
- 1.25 ounce packet of ranch seasoning
- 1.25 ounce packet of taco seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 275°F.
- Cut the butter into even slices and place it in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave the butter in 10-15 second increments until butter is melted, stirring between each interval.
- Mix the pretzels, malted butter, ranch seasoning, and taco seasoning in a large bowl.
- Spread the pretzel mixture onto a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pretzels from the oven. Cool completely before serving.
- If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how you liked them in the comments or star ratings.
Made for my teenage grandson and friends. This was a huge hit!
Totally making these for our road trip today!
What a fantastic and addicting snack!! Loved these. We’ll be making them on the regular, they sure don’t last!
These were just so easy to make and tasted amazing! Thanks for the recipe.
I love this combination of ranch and taco seasonings. I actually put ranch dressing on my tacos. I know, I know. BUUUUUT I’m telling you that so you can understand just how much this was made for me.