I don’t know anyone who wouldn’t love to take a bite out of a nice and tender pulled pork sandwich. This Pineapple Slow Cooker Pulled Pork recipe is absolutely mouth-watering and will leave you completely satisfied!
This set it and forget it Pineapple Slow Cooker Pulled Pork is the perfect family meal during a busy week. All it takes is 10 minutes of prep time to get this crock pot pulled pork cooking for the day!
If you have read my post on Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli, then you are already aware of my slow cooker mantra SET IT AND FORGET IT! Pineapple Slow Cooker Pulled Pork keeps within those boundaries.
I live for my slow cooker meal recipes (crock pot recipes, whatever you want to call them), I’m not really sure what I would do without them! They’re such a handy solution to have when I know I have a packed day and won’t have time to come home and make dinner.
The objective is to make something delicious and flavorful without a lot of elbow grease. Therefore my slow cooker meals need to take less than 10 minutes from fridge to pot and less than 10 minutes from pot to plate.
I mean seriously, does anyone have an hour before work to brown their meat and saute vegetables? Doesn’t that defeat the point of a slow cooker?
Pineapple Slow Cooker Pulled Pork is no exception. The only work you will do is quartering and slicing an onion and shredding the pork. The meat will be so tender you will have difficult keeping it whole when you remove it from the pot.
The sauce is a teriyaki analog using brown sugar and pineapples to cut the acidity of soy sauce and vinegar. The end result is savory BBQ pulled pork with a sweet sauce.
This is a wonderful recipe for weeknights or watching the big game. Pork can stay on “keep warm” for hours without getting dry allowing guests to graze and get a slider when they are hungry.
More slow cooker recipes:
- Slow Cooker Italian Beef Hoagies
- Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken
- Slow Cooker Apple Balsamic Chicken
- 15+ Fall Slow Cooker Recipes
Slow Cooker Pineapple Pulled Pork
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1/2 sweet onion quartered then sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 20 ounce can pineapple chunks in pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dry ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 16 sweet potato slider rolls
- This first step is very important. Don’t skimp (please note sarcasm). Place pork chops through dry ground mustard and 1/2 cup water in the slow cooker. Stir until dry ingredients have disappeared. Place the top on and SET IT AND FORGET IT! Eight hours on low or 4 hours on high.
- Anywhere between an hour or 5 minutes before serving, use a slotted spoon to fish out pork chops and shred them using two forks. Meat will be so tender it should fall apart easily. Return meat to slow cooker.
- Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Add to slow cooker mixture to thicken up the sauce a little. Stir.
- Serve on slider rolls and enjoy!