This post first appeared over at Real Housemoms where I’m a contributor.
Truth be told, I’m not much of a potato chip eater. Unless they are kettle cooked. There is something about that extra thick chip goodness that just knocks me off my feet.
Pulled Pork Potato Chip Nachos are an easy appetizer or meal that your whole family will love made with kettle cooked potato chips and zesty pulled pork!
And do you know which ones are my favorite? The folded over ones! Why do they taste so much better?
I’ve even been known to dump the whole bag out just to eat the folded over chips and then put them back in the bag for hubby to munch on the rest. Can they just make a bag of folded over kettle cooked chips already?
So this leaves me with tons of leftover, sad potato chips. I needed something to do with them and got this idea from a gastro pub I visited in Florida last fall. Why not use kettle chips for a nacho base?
Genios! Pulled Pork Potato Chip Nachos were a match made in heaven! Kettle cooked chips offer a sturdy base to hold up heavier toppings like BBQ pulled pork, cheese and fresh veggies.
If you like my Pulled Pork Potato Chip Nachos, you’ll also love these recipes and scroll on down for even more fun appetizer ideas!
- 4 cups kettle cooked potato chips estimate
- 1 cup BBQ pulled pork heated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1/2 cup plum tomatoes seeds and pulp removed, chopped
- 1/4 cup scallions chopped
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbled
- Maldon Salt for topping (optional)
- Place kettle cooked potato chips in a cast iron skillet or rimmed baking sheet. Equally divide BBQ pulled pork over chips and then cover with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Place under the broiler on high until cheese is bubbly. Remove and top with remaining toppings. Serve immediately.