Craving classic peanut butter cookies but don’t want to make a whole batch? This single serve Peanut Butter Cookie Dough is the perfect sweet treat!
I have admitted it before, I love cookie dough. I might even enjoy cookie dough more than I do baked cookies. Actually, not might, I do. I often judge the deliciousness of a baked good purely on the batter or dough alone.
And I even eat it raw. *Gasp* Listen, for my nearly 40 years, no raw eggs or flour has killed me yet. And quite frankly, I don’t understand why a drippy egg yolk mounted on Eggs Benedict is any better than raw cookie dough.
Edible Raw Cookie Dough
It is only slightly warmer and certainly not to the extent that it needs to be to kill germs. The moral of this tangent: raw cookie dough has a very low chance of harming you.
Sometimes when I want a sweet treat, I make myself a little bowl of single serve eggless cookie dough. After I realized I wasn’t alone when my Single Serve Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough went viral, I decided to also share my beloved Eggless Single Serve Peanut Butter Cookie Dough recipe.
We all have those nights when we want to put on our PJ’s, watch guilty pleasure TV, chill and indulge in tasty treats. I like to rationalize that Single Serve Peanut Butter Cookie Dough is actually semi good for you because it has peanut butter and peanut butter is loaded with protein. Wink Wink.
Why You’ll Love This Single Serve Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
I mean, what’s not to love about cookie dough that you’re allowed to eat? Here are a few reasons why we love it:
- Quick and easy – This is a dessert that you can literally have ready to go in only 5 minutes, maybe even less.
- Simple ingredients – This recipe is made with all pantry ingredients, plus butter. I bet you already have them all!
- Loved by all – Unless there is someone with a peanut allergy, this recipe is sure to be a winner with everyone.
Uncooked flour has a small chance of containing some yucky things, so to prevent this, pasteurize it at home. Microwaving is the quickest way. Place raw flour into the microwave (flour alone, not the dough) and heat on high for 20- 45 seconds.
Please be mindful that all microwaves are different. Watch the flour closely so it doesn’t burn.
The oven is another good option, simply place it in a thin layer on a baking sheet at 350°F for 5ish minutes. Just make sure it doesn’t burn. This should be plenty to kill off any harmful bacteria.
Ingredients For Edible Cookie Dough
I can almost guarantee that you have most, if not all of these simple ingredients already on hand. If not, they’re super easily found at the grocery store.
- Butter – I always like to use unsalted butter. Different brands have different amounts of salt. Using unsalted softened butter allows me to control the salt content.
- Sugar – Granulated white sugar is what we will use for this sweet treat.
- Light brown sugar – Brown sugar adds a nice molasses type flavor. It’s also soft and adds a great texture.
- Vanilla – Pure vanilla extract is what gives this easy edible sugar cookie dough the classic taste of sugar cookies.
- Smooth peanut butter – Unless you like a crunchy cookie dough, I would recommend using creamy peanut butter.
- Flour – All purpose flour is what we need here. Check the section above for how to heat treat it to ensure it’s safe to eat.
- Salt – We just need a pinch. If you are using salted butter, you can totally omit this all together.
How to Make Single Serve Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
It really couldn’t be easier to satisfy your sweet tooth with this edible peanut butter cookie dough recipe. Check out how below.
- Soften butter. This step is the most commonly messed up step and I can no stress enough that your butter must be soft, but not melted. Here are a few ways to soften butter fast. This is also the number one reason you won’t achieve the desired cookie dough texture. After you melt it, it is hard to get back.
- Stir to combine. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir.
There are plenty of ways to make this eggless peanut butter cookie dough your own. Here are some options:
- Add ins – To really amp up the peanut butter flavor, try stirring in some peanut butter cups or peanut butter chips. Regular chocolate chips, nuts or sprinkles would also be great ideas.
- Thin it out – If you feel that your delicious edible sugar cookie dough is too thick, try adding a little bit of regular milk or nut milk.
- Cookie dough balls – You can shape your dough into little bites of cookie dough that are great for topping ice cream or any other fun treat.
- Chunky peanut butter – If you like a little crunch to your regular cookie dough, you can certainly use crunchy peanut butter instead.
Storage and Freezing
How Long Does Edible Cookie Dough?
Refrigerate and store any leftovers in an airtight container or covered tightly with plastic wrap so it doesn’t dry out. It should stay good for about 2 days. Keep in mind that this version doesn’t have any preservatives or additives.
Can You Freeze Edible Cookie Dough?
You can freeze this peanut butter cookie dough for up to 6 months. If you want to make them into little balls or add it to ice cream as a tasty treat, add an additional tablespoon of flour so it holds its shape.
Frequently Asked Questions About Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
I am not a medical physician, so this is not medical advice, however since this is cookie dough is egg free and if you treat the flour, it should be okay to eat. I ate it while pregnant if that helps you out at all.
I am going out on a limb here and telling you no, edible cookie dough is not healthy by any standard, however I believe that you are fine eating anything in moderation. But… peanut butter has protein. You like that rationalization? Hahahaha!
You can bake it all you want, but since there aren’t eggs or leaveners, it won’t amount to much.
Sure! Use whatever texture peanut butter you prefer.
More Favorite Dessert Recipes
- Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Dessert Dip
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cookie Sandwiches
- Million Dollar Bars
- Fantasy Fudge Recipe
- Homemade Star Crunch
Single Serve Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Recipe
- Combine the butter, sugars, vanilla, peanut butter, flour and salt in a small mixing bowl. Stir until combined. Add any mix-ins you prefer.
- If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was in the comments or star ratings.