What goes better together than chocolate and peanut butter? Nothing! You are going to love my Brownie Cupcakes with Whipped Peanut Butter Frosting.
Delicious Brownie Cupcakes topped with whipped peanut butter frosting because chocolate and peanut butter are a match made in heaven!
A couple of weekends back my husband had some college buddies come visit. They of course know that I’m a food blogger and wanted to know what I was making for them.
I hadn’t intended on making anything because I assumed they would be out and about the entire time they were here, but in fact they wanted some sweets, specifically chocolate and peanut butter.
My first thought was brownie bites. You know the ones you get at the store with cream cheese frosting, but instead making them with a whipped peanut butter frosting like the instead of a peanut butter cup.
I made my brownie cupcakes full size instead of the mini two-bite ones. The whipped peanut butter frosting was so delicious that I stashed the extra in the back of fridge and just ate it with a spoon. Shhh… don’t tell!
My Brownie Cupcakes with Whipped Peanut Butter Frosting were quite the hit at my home and I hope they will be in yours too!
If you like our Brownie Cupcakes, you are going to love these other brownie recipes!
- S’More Brownies
- Slutty Brownies (after you get past the name, you are going to love the brownie!)
- Butterscotch Blondie Brownies
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips divided
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons milk
- Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Melt 1/4 cup chocolate chips with butter in the microwave, stir to mix.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat together egg and sugar. Add melted chocolate, butter and vanilla, then slowly incorporate flour and fine sea salt until just mixed. Fold in remaining chocolate chips by hand.
- Line cupcake tin with cupcake liners. Fill each 2/3 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tops crack. Remove and cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl using an electric beater with a whisk attachment, blend together all ingredients for whipped peanut butter frosting. Set aside at room temperature until ready to frost.
- Frost and garnish with a few extra chocolate chips. Enjoy your Brownie Cupcakes with Whipped Peanut Butter Frosting!
If you tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!