These potatoes are layers upon layers of cheesy deliciousness! Slow Cooker Potatoes au Gratin are one of the most satisfying sides around.
Slow Cooker Potatoes au Gratin are an amazing copycat recipe of Fleming’s Steakhouse’s potatoes. Pop it in your slow cooker and reap the cheesy benefits.
We recently went back to one of our old haunts, Fleming’s Steakhouse and Wine Bar. All of their food is delicious, but the Fleming’s Au Gratin Potatoes are remarkable.
That isn’t an exaggeration. They are so remarkable I always order two. One for the dinner table and one to take home! I don’t mess around when it comes to these potatoes.
Instead of spending tons of money to eat potatoes at a restaurant, I decided to create my own recipe using a slow cooker since my Cheesy Crock Pot Potatoes were such a hit!
What makes Fleming’s version so special? It’s not just cheese and potatoes. They add butter sauteed leeks and jalapenos.
Not a fan of heat? Don’t worry! By sauteeing them, you are cutting down on the kick and the heat becomes more peppery than spicy.
In my version of Slow Cooker Potatoes au Gratin, I add flour to create a roux with the jalapenos and the leeks. The roux then thickens the heavy cream to create a rich, decadent sauce.
In all honesty, this recipe violates my strict, “10 minutes. Set and forget it,” rule. These will take you a little longer, but the time spent is well worth it!
Slow Cooker Potatoes au Gratin are perfect for family get togethers and special meals. I prepare my Flemings Au Gratin Potatoes with a juicy Portabella Crusted Strip Steak seared in cast iron!
If you enjoyed these Slow Cooker Potatoes au Gratin, check out these easy potato recipes:
- Potatoes O’Brien
- Slow Cooker Garlic Dill Mashed Potatoes
- Mascarpone Mashed Potatoes
- Garlic Roasted Potatoes with Rosemary
Cheesy layers of potatoes, leeks, and jalapenos.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 leeks whites only, thinly sliced
- 2 jalapenos seeds removed, minced
- 1/4 teaspoons pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 5-6 large russet potatoes peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch slices (or thinner)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese divided
- Cooking Spray
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Saute leeks and jalapenos until soft. Add garlic and flour, making a paste, continuing to brown for 1 minute. Season with pepper and salt.
- Using a fork, whisk in heavy cream and bring to a low simmer. The mixture should become thick, remove from heat, set aside.
- Coat your slow cooker with cooking spray or aluminum foil. Start with a layer of potatoes, top with a large spoon of cream, leek and jalapeno mixture and sprinkle and quarter cup of cheddar cheese. Continue until your slow cooker is full. Refrain from topping the last layer with cheddar cheese.
- Cover and set for 4 hours on low or 8 hours on high. Thirty minutes before serving, top with remaining cheddar cheese and cover until ready to serve.
- Pierce potatoes with a knife to make sure they are soft. Cheese should be melted and bubbly. Serve your Fleming's Slow Cooker Au Gratin Potatoes.
If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!