This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #everydayeffortless #CollectiveBias.
Do you want to make a delicious and healthy dinner for your family in just 20 minutes? Read on to see how easy it is to make One-Pot Chicken Bruschetta Pasta!
No one in history has ever written me and said “I need more 2 hour recipes,” however they have requested more 20-minute recipes. I was excited about the ease of “one-pot wonder pastas” when they trended last year, but had miserable, mushy failures with each attempt. However, when I heard about New Barilla Pronto Pasta, my hope for successful one-pot pasta dishes was renewed.
I went out to my local Walmart and bought the handful of ingredients I needed to make my speedy meal and in just minutes I was ready to start creating my 20-minute dish!
Bruschetta, a classic Italian appetizer, can also make a wonderfully simple, but flavorful pasta. What really elevates this dish is the toasted fennel and fresh basil. You will only need 10 ingredients and 20 minutes to prepare this simple one-pot dish. Barilla Pronto Pasta cooks into just 10 minutes from box to plate, saving time by cooking in cold liquid, eliminating waiting for the water to boil and the process of straining. Tyson Grilled and Ready Chicken Strips are also a must for quick dinners. Pre-cooked and healthy, I can pull out just a few strips to make lunch for myself or use the whole bag to feed a crowd.
- 1 12- ounce box Barilla Pronto Spaghetti
- 16 Tyson Grilled and Ready Strips
- 1 medium sweet onion thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 2 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes
- in Water will vary based on liquidcanned tomatoes
- 1 chicken bullion cube
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- Grated Parmesan Cheese for garnish
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add onions and garlic, saute for 2-3 minute or until they start to soften. Add fennel seeds and continue to heat for 2 minutes.
- Strain canned tomatoes over a large measuring cup (will be approximately 1 cup). Add water to make a total of 3 1/2 cups liquid. Add chicken bullion cube and stir.
- Add Barilla Pronto Spaghetti to the skillet, spreading out evenly. Pour 3 1/2 cups liquid over the top. Add strained tomatoes and Tyson Grilled and Ready Strips over the top. Crank heat up to high.
- Cook for 5 minutes, then toss to make sure any pieces of pasta that weren't hitting liquid directly, are. If liquid is fully absorbed, add an additional 1/2 cup of water.
- Cook for another 5 minutes (10 minutes total). Remove from heat and toss in fine sea salt, black pepper and fresh basil leaves.
- Spoon onto serving dishes, top with Parmesan cheese.
Check out more inspiration for #EverydayEffortless HERE! I’d love to hear about your family favorite effortless recipe, leave me a comment!