This Spinach Sausage Pasta is one of my go-to easy pasta recipes. It’s simple to make but full of flavor, the perfect easy weeknight meal for busy summer or school nights!
This Spinach Sausage Pasta recipe is a simple and delicious one pot meal made with just a few ingredients. Great for busy weeknight dinners!
For busy or lazy nights, is there really anything better than an easy pasta recipe for dinner? Pasta is comforting, filling and by adding plenty of veggies, can even be made fairly healthy.
There’s no need to worry about side dishes or appetizers if you add in a protein and some veggies. If you really need more, just pair with a leafy green salad and you have a well-rounded meal.
This Spinach Sausage Pasta recipe is no exception – in fact, it might even be more filling than most pasta dishes and the sausage and veggies keep it from being toooo pasta (carb) focused. And, it’s a lot more exciting than most pasta dishes!
Even better – this simple pasta with sausage is actually a one pot meal! Since we’re working with already cooked pasta and sausage, everything can be prepared with just one pot and it the elements can be made ahead for quick assembly.
If there’s anything better than an easy pasta recipe on a busy night, it’s an easy pasta one pot meal on a busy night! Am I right?
I love one pot meals because it makes clean-up so easy! Combined with a recipe that’s quick to make, you might even carve off enough time from your dinner routine to watch your favorite show on Netflix.
Though this is a quick and easy pasta recipe, it’s also worthy of being served to guests. They’ll never know how simple it was to make!
The sausage and fennel provide great flavor while the veggies help turn it into a wholesome, balanced meal. It’s one part comfort food, all parts delicious.
I especially love these hearty but simple pasta recipes during the winter, when grilling is out and I want something hot and filling to eat.
The sausage is really the stand-out ingredient in this recipe. It adds a punch of flavor, along with texture to this easy pasta recipe.
Whether you just want a quick one pot meal for a busy weeknight or you’re looking for a simple pasta recipe to fill your comfort food craving, this Spinach Sausage Pasta is sure to be a hit.
More pasta recipes:
- Quick Creamy Cajun Pasta
- One Pot Chicken Bruschetta Pasta
- Pesto Sausage Pasta Bake
- Creamy Jalapeno Popper Pasta
- Baked Mostaccioli
Tools for making Spinach Sausage Pasta:
Wood cutting board – wood won’t dull your knives like plastic and if treated properly, has natural antimicrobial properties.
Good knife – Global is my favorite! They are worth the price, I promise. I am kind of obsessed with them and store them tucked away so no one else can use them. Including hubby. Hands off my good stuff!
Dutch Oven– every kitchen should have one! They are heavy. They are expensive. They are worth it!
CONNECT WITH SAVORY EXPERIMENTS!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Pinterest | Instagram
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
Spinach Sausage Pasta
- 1 pound pasta , cooked al dente according to package directions
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion , thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons fennel seed
- 1 pound Italian sausage links , cooked and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 30 ounces stewed tomatoes with Italian seasoning , drained (2 cans)
- 2 cups spinach , packed
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat olive oil in large Dutch oven or pot.
- Add thinly sliced onion, saute for 2 minutes or until starting to soften.
- Add fennel seed, sauting for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add spinach, allow to wilt, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add drained stewed tomatoes, cooked Italian sausage links, cooked pasta fine sea salt and black pepper.
- Heat thoroughly, approximately 5 minutes. Serve hot.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, make sure to come back and let us know how it was!