* I received free product in exchange for this post, however all text, photos and opinions are 100% my own.
Baked carrots. A staple on any winter table. At least in my home, the traditional is baby carrots glazed in brown sugar and butter. Finger licking good? YES! Healthy? NO!
Tri-Colored Carrots with Herbed Yogurt are a healthy baked carrot recipe using fresh herbs, lemon zest and spices.
Sometimes I need the carrot fix, but don’t want to mess up my diet, so tri-colored carrots with herbed yogurt is my go-to.
I’ve given baked carrots a little makeover. One I think adds more color and pizzazz to any table.
I used tri-colored baby carrots; three bunches cost me just $1 more than buying a bag of pre-cut baby carrots that I would use for the old recipe. Un-peeled and greens trimmed, I roasted them with a small amount of olive oil, coarse sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
The real star of this dish is the herbed yogurt dipping sauce. Plain yogurt has become the star for any recipe asking for sour cream or mayonnaise over the past year.
It provides the same creamy base and tart flavor with a fraction of the fat and calories. For this dish, I used chopped fresh herbs and a little bit of lemon juice to amp up the tart flavor and of course fresh garlic (to ward off vampires, of course).
I also used my brand new, handy dandy Garject Lite from Dreamfarm. It is certainly the most high tech garlic press I’ve ever used. Check out the features on this bad boy!
Besides it’s bright blue color, which makes it easy to spot in the “everything drawer”, it also self-cleans and self scrapes, you can even use un-peeled garlic and it does all of the work for you! So why don’t they just call it a garlic press? Garject actually stands for GARLIC PRESS SCRAPE EJECT.
If you like our tri-colored carrots with herbed yogurt, you’ll like these other veggie side dishes.
If you liked this Easy Dinner Recipe, snag a copy of my Easy Dinner Recipes Mini-Cookbook. Available here for only $0.99, here is a small collection of time-saving, hearty and satisfying dinners guaranteed to get you in and out in 30 minutes or less!
Tri-Colored Carrots with Herbed Yogurt
- 3 bunches baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons light extra virgin olive oil
- Coarse sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wash baby carrots and trim greens down to 1-2 inches. Arrange on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Drizzle with light extra virgin olive oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle lightly with coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast for 25 minutes or until carrots are fork tender. Cook time will vary by the size of your particular carrots.
- While your carrots roast, stir together Stonyfield organic yogurt through fine sea salt. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve carrots piping hot with a side of herbed yogurt dipping sauce. Enjoy!
- If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!