Garlic Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower is one of my favorite cauliflower recipes and I’ve found it’s one of the best ways to get people who claim not to like cauliflower to love it.
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower is an easy cauliflower recipe made with ingredients you probably already have. Even cauliflower-haters will love it and it makes a great side dish for nearly any dinner.
Cauliflower wasn’t on my grocery list, but when I saw this orange cauliflower, I had to have it! Using ingredients I had on hand, Garlic Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower was created.
Have you ever seen orange cauliflower? I hadn’t either. Purple cauliflower, yes, but not orange.
What is orange cauliflower? Orange cauliflower is the same as white cauliflower, but crossbred to hold beta carotene, the same pigment that makes carrots orange. Orange cauliflower also has 25% more vitamin A than its white cousin.
Cheddar Cauliflower is the nickname for orange cauliflower, however it doesn’t taste at all like cheese. In fact, it tastes and cooks exactly like white cauliflower.
Which is good because that means you can make my Garlic Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower with orange white or purple cauliflower and it will be spectacular.
In all honesty, I really wanted to make this head into cauliflower steaks, but from the first attempted slice, it was clear that my head of cauliflower was too crumbly and would just be florets. Regardless, garlic parmesan sauce tastes great on cauliflower anyway you decided to cook it.
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower is a great side dish for most meats. I like to serve it with steak, chicken or fish. If you used this garlic parmesan sauce on cauliflower steaks as I originally, you could even make a vegetarian meal out of it.
I know that cauliflower is one of those vegetables many people claim not to like but with the addition of cheese and garlic, I’ve found that even diehard cauliflower-haters are open to at least trying it and oftentimes even ask for more!
Since you like this Garlic Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower, you may like these other easy cauliflower recipes:
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower , florets only
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese , finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves , finely minced
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together extra virgin olive oil, garlic, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Toss with cauliflower florets and spread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast for 10- 15 minutes, or until soft.
- Remove and season with Kosher salt and ground black pepper.
- If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!