This delectable breakfast recipe switches up your typical breakfast or brunch meal by throwing in a gourmet feel. Your family and friends will be impressed by how great this Tomato Spinach Frittata looks and tastes!
This Tomato Spinach Frittata recipe is excellent for breakfast or brunch, packed full of delicious flavors from tomatoes, spinach, shallots, and parmesan cheese!
Anyone else watch The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills? I will admit it… I do. It is my smut TV; a hour that I can escape from real world issues and engross myself in the problems of ridiculously wealthy people.
The point of this ramble? Lisa from RHOBH has been doing I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Commercials with a very attractive chef and they are always making frittatas!
I found myself thinking about them every day at breakfast while eating my cardboard protein bar, so that night we had breakfast for dinner. Brinner, ya know?
If you’re wondering what is a frittata? That’s what I’m here for, to keep you well informed. A frittata is essentially an Italian omelette. A mix between Spanish tortilla and American omelette.
One of the benefits of a frittata is that you don’t have to flip it! I’ve never been a good flipper. I get all anxious and undoubtedly mess it up when I go for the big show. Also instead of having to make several omelettes, you only need to make one frittata and then slice like a pie.
You will need a good cast iron pan or oven safe skillet, as it starts on the stovetop, but moves to the oven. While this is my favorite mix, you can put literally anything into a frittata!
My husband’s family has an Easter tradition of a meat frittata, which is exactly like it sounds. Four or five different types of cured meats floating in egg. I like to make mine vegetarian, using up leftover odds and ends from the vegetable crisper. Some of my favorites are capers, pepperoncini, fresh herbs and cheeses.
If you liked this breakfast spinach frittata, check out these other easy breakfast recipes:
- Bacon, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Bread
- The BEST Breakfast Sandwich
- Spinach and Mushroom Breakfast Cups
- Stuffed Breakfast Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup tomatoes , thinly sliced
- 1 shallot , sliced
- 1/2 cup spinach , thinly sliced
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tablespoons cream or milk
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese , divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in cast iron pan or oven safe skillet over medium heat.
- Saute shallots for 1-2 minutes until they start to turn opaque.
- In a medium mixing bowl, crack eggs and whisk with 1/8 cup Parmesan cheese and cream.
- Add tomatoes and spinach to cast iron pan, stir continuously until spinach starts to wilt.
- Pour egg mixture directly over vegetables. Cook untouched for 3-4 minutes.
- Top with remaining cheese and place in oven for 5 minutes. Increase heat to broil and allow top to lightly brown, maybe only 30 seconds to 1 minute.
If you've tried this recipe come back and let us know how it was!