These Stuffed Breakfast Potatoes are loaded with cheddar cheese, bacon, tomatoes, chives, onion, green pepper, and eggs! It’s the ultimate all in one breakfast solution! Everyone will fall in love with these breakfast potatoes!
Stuffed Breakfast Potatoes are scooped baked potatoes stuffed with cheese, your choice of veggies, bacon and an egg. Perfect for feeding a crowd.
Sometimes you totally forget posts and recipes from long ago… or from March 2013, like this one that I still struggle to name appropriately. I landed with Stuffed Breakfast Potatoes, but it still doesn’t do it justice.
I threw it out to my readers on Facebook…. what should I name this recipe and they came up with all sorts of creative ideas like Potato Boats, Stuffed Potatoes, Potato Nummers, seriously all sorts of stuff. Even little individual breakfast potato casseroles.
Stuffed Breakfast Potatoes were a magical dish that worked on the first try and was amazingly tasty, fun looking and also easy to eat. I’ve continued to make it for brunch on the weekends with a variety of ingredients, really whatever I have leftover in the fridge during the week.
I used bacon, green bell pepper, onion, chives, tomato to make these stuffed potatoes! All of these combined taste great in Stuffed Breakfast Potatoes! I used a fork and knife, but you could eat it whole with your fingers like a potato skin.
Other fun stuffing ingredients could be ham, crumbled breakfast sausage, zucchini, carrot, sweet potato, mushrooms, a variety of cheese, spinach, tomatoes and more!
I baked potatoes specially for this purpose the night before. It works better if the potato is fully cooled or refrigerated overnight. Perfect baked potatoes are easy, see note below if you don’t already have them prepared.
I served my Stuffed Breakfast Potatoes with Homemade Breakfast Sausage and toast, but they really don’t require all that much in addition to their cheesy self. See the video below to watch the instructions!
If you loved this stuffed baked potatoes recipe, check out these easy breakfast recipe ideas:
- Bacon, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Bread
- Chile Relleno Breakfast Casserole
- Cheesy Vegetable Breakfast Casserole
- Crispy Home Fries
- 2 large baking potatoes cooked and cooled (see note below for instructions)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Fine sea salt and freshly cracked peppercorn medley
- 2 tablespoons chopped vegetables
- 2 large eggs
- 1 strip of bacon cooked and minced
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Cut the tops off baking potatoes. Using a spoon, hollow out leaving a 1/8 of potato along the edges and resulting in a potato boat.
- Set aside the tops and the innards to make Home Fries for another meal.
- Place a pinch of cheddar cheese, 1/4 of bacon, 1/2 tablespoon minced vegetables and a few grinds of salt and pepper in the bottom of each potato boat.
- Crack egg directly into the potato boat. Carefully place potato boats onto an aluminum lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until whites have set.
- Remove and allow to cool for 3-4 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!