Yeah, I know what you are thinking. What are slutty brownies and why in the world am I posting about them. I’m wondering the same thing myself, but oddly enough, that is the actual name.
The Ultimate Slutty Brownies are layers of chocolate chip cookie dough, brownie, Oreo cookies, caramel and sea salt. The perfect decadent, sweet and salty easy dessert recipe.
I came across slutty brownies when I was looking for a stellar brownie recipe. Apparently this magical brownie, Oreo cookie, chocolate chip cookie dough and brownie concoction was created by The Londoner and then popularized by What’s Gaby Cooking. Pure gooey genius.
I still can’t locate information on why they are called Slutty Brownies. Perhaps because you feel a little dirty eating them? I mean, one should not admit to enjoying layers of the three best desserts known to man. Sinfully delicious, for sure.
Since their origination makers of the best brownie recipe have made their own modifications. Some add peanut butter, others a layer of caramel, different types of cookies and the list goes on.
I tried several variations. And even though some were a bust, they all tasted amazing. What I will say is that lining your pan with aluminum foil is KEY. These bad boys are gooey and messy.
I have no idea how some folks got their Slutty Brownies to cut nicely and stay in a finger-food bar form. All of mine required a fork and any of them prepped in an 8×8 or 9×9 pan didn’t even bake all the way, they were just too thick. Using a 9×13 was the way to go.
Even though mine needed a fork, but the flavors were OH. MY. GAWD. You think it will be too rich and then you just keep eating this magic in a pan. You’ll feel a little dirty, but you’ll keep eating.
My ultimate slutty brownies take my favorite layer, Oreo cookie, and double it. Not only is there a layer of Oreo, now there is also a crumbled Oreo topping.
I also added chocolate chips to the brownies and a layer of white chocolate chips for good measure. As if this isn’t already a decadent dessert recipe. Chocolate lover, right here *raises hand*!
Drizzle that with caramel sauce and sprinkling of salt and you get…. something words can’t describe. Slutty brownies are pure ecstasy. Sweet and salty brownie heaven. The ultimate homemade brownie recipe.
While I prefer to make my cookie dough and brownie batter from scratch, feel free to use a roll of pre-made chocolate chip cookie dough and a box mix of brownies. You might need to adjust the cooking time slightly.
In fact, I think a lot of the issues people have with baking time has to do with using different types of mixes. One box of brownie mix and another may need different cooking times, so use your best judgement and the toothpick test.
If you liked ridiculously delicious brownies, check out these brownie recipes too!
Tools for making The Ultimate Slutty Brownies:
9 x 13 Glass Baking Dish– an absolute essential for any kitchen! Use it for baking, marinating or storing. Get one with a lid, you’ll thank me later.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9x13 dish with aluminum foil or parchment paper. You'll thank me in the long run. Coat with cooking spray.
- Press cookie dough into the bottom of the pan.
- Place a single layer of Oreo cookies over raw cookie dough (approximately 28).
- Prepare fudge brownies according to package directions. Fold in 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels.
- Pour brownie batter over Oreo layer.
- Top brownie batter with white chocolate chips.
- Crush remaining Oreos into large pieces. Evenly pour on top.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes or until they pass the toothpick test.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Pull the brownies out of the pan by aluminum foil. Drizzle with caramel sauce and sprinkle with fleur de sel.
- Cut into 16 squares and enjoy. They are supposed to be gooey- you might need a fork!
If you've tried this recipe or made your own modifications, please come back and let us know how it went!