Pan Fried Lamb Chop Recipe
Have you been wondering how to cook lamb chops? With this recipe I will show you how to prepare amazing lamb chops in as little as 10 minutes! This will be one of the easiest dinners you ever make!
Pan Fried Lamb Chops, are one of the easiest dinners to make! This is a easy lamb recipe to serve for Easter dinner or any other night of the year!
Lamb is the traditional dinner for the Easter holiday, however many families have started to veer in other less gamey and cheaper directions.
I have also received feedback that people do not care for the traditional “lamb roast with mint jelly” option and aren’t sure of how to find a new, vibrant recipe. Others find it intimidating or time consuming. While this is true of many lamb recipes, it is not for Pan Fried Lamb Chops.
Lamb chops offer perfect serving sizes with a low fat content and a built-in handle for easy eating. What other holiday do you get to eat with your hands? I used a vegetable packed romesco sauce that adds a smoky, spicy flavor to the crusty lamb lollipops.
Another bonus that makes this the best lamb chop recipe is that the lamb only takes a few minutes. Romesco can be made ahead of time and used for other meals throughout the week.
One batch of romesco will make enough for up to 12 servings of Lamb Lollipops. If you are short on time, you can also buy Romesco online, but it is so simple, what is the point?
Lamb chops can be expensive, so typically one does not serve a large portion, no more than 2-3 per person. Most lamb is raised in the US and fresh, coming from Colorado, my home state!
Most will serve hearty sides to accompany the lamb and plenty of appetizers to start it off.
If you loved this lamb chops recipe, make sure you check out some of these easy side dish recipes:
- Baked Rice Pilaf
- Cheesy Twice Baked Potatoes
- Green Beans in a Mascarpone Sauce
- Rosemary Parmesan Sweet Potato Stacks
Lamb Chops with Romesco
- 8 individual lamb chops 2 per person
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter or olive oil
- Romesco Sauce for serving
- Start by removing Lamb Chops from your refrigerator for at least 10 minutes (just to take the chill off). Pat dry with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture. Preheat oven to 200 degrees (or "keep warm" setting).
- Heat a large frying pan or cast iron skillet over high. When hot, add unsalted butter or olive oil, add lamb chops. Only do half at a time to ensure you don't overcrowd the pan or bring down the temperature too much by adding a substance much cooler.
- Cook Lamb Chops on each side for 2-3 minutes per side depending on the thickness of your cut. Remove Lamb Chops to a baking sheet and place in the oven to keep warm. Repeat with next batch. Place completed Lamb Chops on baking sheet in the oven until ready to serve.
- Plate Lamb Lollipops and top with a generous portion of romesco.
- If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!