It’s that time of year. The time when just about everything is either cranberry or pumpkin spice flavored. Every good sandwich has a condiment that really brings out all the flavors between the bread; that brings it to life. This Cranberry Mayo, sometimes called Cranberry Aioli or Cranberry Mayonnaise, is sure to do just that and more.
If you like mayonnaise or aiolis, you will LOVE this easy cranberry mayonnaise recipe. Slightly sweet and just a touch tart, it adds a new dimension to any sandwich.
I know what you are thinking… all cranberry recipes are the same. That is where you are wrong. This is SO easy and will have you asking yourself, why didn’t I think of that?
I’m not much of a mayo eater, but I do appreciate a great condiment and adore leftover cranberry recipes. Well any leftover recipe, who wouldn’t? They can take a dish from so so to absolutely stellar in a flash.
And this idea! Cranberry mayo?! Sound DELICIOUS so I had to try it myself! I mean really creamy mayonnaise with a slightly sweet and tart touch? It seemed like a no-brainer to me.
And what a great way to really utilize leftovers of tart cranberries and citrusy orange. Slathered onto turkey, chicken or even wraps, this is the ideal flavor combo.
What You’ll Need to Make Cranberry Mayo
This perfect spread recipe only uses two ingredients: cranberry sauce or cranberry relish and mayonnaise. If you use my homemade cranberry orange relish, it will be slight tart and also sweet with citrus undertones.
- Cranberry Sauce/Cranberry Relish– This cranberry mayo recipe works with homemade or canned cranberry sauces.
- Mayonnaise– Use a good quality mayonnaise, but I’d stayaway from varities like Miracle Whip, which are super sweet.
How to Make Cranberry Mayo
Making this super easy condiment is easy!
- Mix together the leftover cranberry sauce and mayonnaise in small bowl well until no streaks remain. If you want a finer blend, use a food processor or immersion blender. I like a little texture in mine.
- Place in an airtight container and chill for at least 30 minutes before using.
Ways to Use Cranberry Mayo
Cranberry mayo is a versatile condiment that can add a delightful sweet and tangy flavor to a variety of dishes. It can be used in many dishes that calls for mayonnaise or aioli. Just keep it in the sealed container in the fridge for when you need it, holiday season or not.
- Roast Turkey– Instead of traditional cranberry sauce, use cranberry mayo!
- Turkey Sandwich: Make a cranberry mayo spread on slices of bread or a roll, then layer with roasted turkey, lettuce, and sliced cheese for a delicious turkey sandwich. Or try them on my turkey roll-ups.
- Burger Topping: Use cranberry mayo as a unique burger topping. It pairs particularly well with turkey burgers but can also work with beef or veggie burgers.
- Chicken Salad: Mix cranberry mayo with shredded cooked chicken, diced celery, and chopped nuts for a flavorful chicken salad. Serve it in sandwiches, wraps, or lettuce cups.
- Dip: Use cranberry mayo as a dip for fried or baked appetizers like chicken tenders, onion rings, or sweet potato fries.
- Wrap or Burrito: Spread cranberry mayo on a tortilla, then fill it with your choice of proteins (turkey, chicken, grilled vegetables), greens, and other toppings for a tasty wrap or burrito.
- Glaze for Roasts: Brush cranberry mayo onto roasted meats, such as chicken, turkey, or pork, during the last few minutes of cooking until golden brown for a sweet and tangy glaze.
- Slaw Dressing: Create a flavorful coleslaw by mixing cranberry mayo with shredded cabbage, carrots, and other veggies. It adds a unique twist to traditional coleslaw.
- Salad Dressing: Thin cranberry mayo with a bit of vinegar or citrus juice to create a creamy salad dressing. It’s excellent on salads with mixed greens, fruit, and nuts.
- Sushi Roll: Use cranberry mayo as a dipping sauce or drizzle it on top of sushi rolls for a different take on sushi.
- Stuffed Pitas: Spread cranberry mayo inside pita pockets and stuff them with grilled chicken, veggies, and greens for a quick and flavorful meal.
- Wrap Filling: Use it as a condiment and flavor enhancer in various wraps, such as chicken Caesar wraps or Mediterranean-style wraps.
- Dip for Seafood: Pair cranberry mayo with seafood like fried shrimp or crab cakes. It adds a zesty contrast to the richness of the seafood.
- Grilled Cheese: Add a dollop of cranberry mayo to your grilled cheese sandwich for a sweet and savory twist.
- Sauce for Meatballs: Mix cranberry mayo with cranberry sauce and a touch of hot sauce to create a unique sauce for meatballs or cocktail sausages.
- Veggie Dip: Serve cranberry mayo as a dip for fresh vegetables, such as carrot sticks, celery, and bell pepper strips.
Feel free to get creative with cranberry mayo and experiment with different dishes. Its sweet and tangy flavor can elevate the taste of many meals and snacks, making it a versatile condiment to keep on hand.
How to Store Cranberry Mayo
Store mayonnaise in an airtight container for up to 1 week in the refrigerator. Give it a good stir before using.
I do not recommend freezing mayonnaise in general, which includes cranberry mayo.
More decadent condiment recipes:
Cranberry Mayo Recipe
- Mix together the cranberry relish and mayonnaise well until no streaks remain. Place in an airtight container and chill for at least 30 minutes before using.
- If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was in the comments or star ratings.