This crack dip recipe combines creamy cheese with loads of bacon and ranch flavor for an irresistible dip that is always a big hit.
The recipe takes just minutes to whip up and only requires a few simple ingredients. You couldn’t ask for an easier appetizer!
The next time you’re looking for the perfect dip recipe for a party, turn to this one — it’s a dip that nearly everyone will love!
Why You’ll Love Crack Dip
What’s not to love about this creamy dip?
- Delicious – Savory and creamy, this dip is packed with flavor.
- Versatile -This dip is a huge hit at any gathering, from girls night to cookouts and parties.
- Easy – With just a few ingredients, it’s a simple recipe that’s easy to make
All you need is a handful of basic ingredients to make this insanely delicious dip.
- Cream Cheese – Softened cream cheese is the base of the dip that helps to bind all of the ingredients together.
- Ranch Dressing Mix – This popular seasoning mix adds a savory and herby flavor to the dip.
- Sour Cream – Adding sour cream to the dip provides tanginess and a creamy texture that brings balance to the dip.
- Mayonnaise – Mayo makes this dip rich and creamy.
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese – Shredded sharp cheddar cheese adds sharp flavor to the dip.
- Monterey Jack Cheese – This cheese imparts a mellow and creamy flavor.
- Cooked Bacon Pieces or Crumbles – Crispy bacon adds smokiness and saltiness. We recommend real bacon over bacon bits.
- Chives – Chives add a mild and fresh flavor with a subtle onion-like taste that balances out the richness of the other ingredients. You can also try using green onions.
How to Make Crack Dip
Just a couple quick steps and – voila! – you have this crave-worthy dip.
- Combine cream cheese, ranch, mayo and sour cream. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, ranch dip mix, sour cream, and mayonnaise. Mix until well combined using an electric hand mixer, wooden spoon, or fork.
- Add cheese, bacon and chives. Stir in the shredded cheeses, bacon pieces, and chives until fully combined.
- Chill. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator to chill.
What to Serve with Crack Dip
Crispy, fresh veggies like celery sticks, red peppers, and carrots are a natural complement to this creamy and savory dip. For a new twist, try serving with oven roasted carrots or air fryer brussels sprouts or mix it into mashed potatoes.
Sturdy potato chips, crackers, or pretzels are classic choices that go well with this dip — corn chips are another popular option. You can switch it up with flavored tortilla chips like lime or chili-lime, or make your own homemade tortilla chips.
You can also use it or leftovers to stuff chicken breasts or even make steak pinwheels.
You can create your own version of this amazing dip with a few simple swaps.
- Heat – Make it spicy by adding diced jalapeños, chili powder, or a sprinkle of cayenne pepper.
- Sweet – Add some sweetness with a drizzle of honey or a few dashes of maple syrup.
- Meat – Swap the bacon for cooked sausage or diced ham for a different twist on this classic dip.
- Cheese – Swap out the cheese for your favorite. Colby jack cheese is a great option, as is pepper jack if you want to give the dip a little kick.
Storage, Make Ahead and Freezing
It’s ideal to store crack dip in the fridge for a while before serving to let the flavors all come together.
Make-Ahead: Make crack dip up to 24 hours ahead and store in the refrigerator.
Refrigerator: Store this dip in the fridge for 2-3 days in an airtight container (or wrap the serving bowl with plastic wrap)
Freezer: We do not recommend freezing mayonnaise-based dips
Common Questions About Crack Dip
Crack dip is a creamy, cheesy dip made with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon, and ranch dressing. It is known for its addictive flavor and is often served at parties and gatherings.
Yes, crack dip can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
No, it’s not recommended to freeze this dip — the texture and consistency may change.
Other Delicious Dips
Crack Dip Recipe
- In a medium sized bowl, add softened cream cheese, ranch seasoning, sour cream, and mayonnaise. Mix together with an electric hand mixer or with a fork. If the cream cheese is soft enough, a fork should work fine.
- Once the cream cheese mixture is combined and smooth, stir in the shredded cheeses, bacon pieces, and chives. Stir until combined and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve with your favorite crackers and enjoy!