Bruschetta is such a perfect and classic dish, but here in Baltimore, we like to add CRAB! Usually served as an appetizer, I’ve been known to eat it as my main meal as long as I add a protein, sometimes shrimp, but most of the time it is crab. Buttery crab meat is light, doesn’t overpower the natural flavors of the vegetables and kicks up of the “elegance level” a few notches.
You can also add shredded mozzarella cheese and pop it under the broiler for a few minutes to serve hot and melty. Top on a larger piece of toasted bread and serve with a spring salad and Balsamic Vinaigrette for a light dinner.
- 2 pints grape tomatoes red, yellow or mixed and quartered
- 5 cloves of garlic minced
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 16 large basil leaves roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper finely ground
- 1 cup lump blue crab meat
- 24 garlic toasts * crostinis
Combine tomatoes through black pepper in a medium mixing bowl, tossing well.
Add crab meat and toss lightly to prevent breaking crab meat apart.
Evenly divide to top all 24 garlic toasts. Enjoy your Crab Bruschetta!