Prepare yourself for the best bruschetta recipe on the internet! It is a simple recipe that will deliver you an amazing appetizer.
This Tomato Bruschetta recipe is a classic no cook appetizer that can be ready in as little as 20 minutes using fresh tomatoes, basil and garlic.
Tomato Bruschetta! I can just picture hubby and I sitting at a little metal table in Tuscany sipping wine, gazing at the rolling hills and crunching on vine ripened tomatoes and crusty bread.
I’ve never been to Tuscany, but this is what I picture. Until then, my deck overlooking the city alley and neighbors will have to do. (Update: we’ve now been to Tuscany and it was everything we imagined!)
What is bruschetta? Bruschetta is a Italian appetizer made up of a grilled piece of bread with a garlic spread, topped with olive oil and salt. Bruschetta can also be topped with meats, vegetables, beans and cheese. In the states, it is usually tomatoes.
Tomato Bruschetta is my go-to summer time appetizer. Cool and fresh with everything (except for the bread) being found in my little deck garden.
Perfect with a glass of wine or to munch on while grilling up some juicy steaks. Simple and perfect in every way.
Tomato Bruschetta can be made ahead of time. Store bruschetta mixture in an airtight container in the refrigerator and crostini in an airtight container or plastic bag in the pantry for up to 2-3 days.
Most grocers will sell pre-made crostini, a baguette drizzled with olive oil and spices, then baked to a crispy brown, but you can also easily make your own.
If you loved this easy bruschetta recipe be sure to check out these other easy appetizer recipes:
- 1 thin baguette
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fine sea salt and pepper
- 2 cups grape/cherry tomatoes red, yellow or an assortment
- 1/4 cup basil shredded
- 4 cloves garlic grated on a microplane
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut baguette into thin slices, approximately 1/2 inch or thinner. Lay in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Brush with olive oil. Sprinkle with fine sea salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes, or until crispy and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, start making your bruschetta. Cut grape or cherry tomatoes into fourths or eighths, depending on size.
- Place tomatoes, shredded basil, garlic and sprinkle of fine sea salt into a bowl. Toss to combine. Set aside until your crostini are complete.
- Spoon bruschetta onto each slice, serve and enjoy!
If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!