If you love all things eggnog, you are going to love this eggnog pudding. It’s the easiest (and most delicious) homemade pudding you’ll ever make!
Eggnog pudding is a recipe I use in my Eggnog Poke Cake, but this year I figured not everyone is all-in for a cake, so I’d go ahead and just post the pudding portion.
Why is it a 5-minute pudding recipe? Because we are using instant pudding mix! This hack is so simple, you’ll be sad you didn’t think of it of it sooner.
Why You’ll Love This Eggnog Pudding Recipe
Your favorite holiday beverage turned into a decadent dessert with a nice texture- what’s not to love!
- Perfect for the holiday season – While it’s delicious any time of year, this pudding mixture is full of Christmas flavor.
- Full of eggnog flavor – Made with real eggnog, this pudding has the rich texture that you crave from the holiday drink.
- Easy to make – Because we use instant pudding this recipe couldn’t be easier.
You can easily find all of these simple ingredients at your local grocery store.
- Instant vanilla pudding mix – Instant pudding is a great way to make pudding quickly! It also considerably cuts down on the length of the ingredient list. Use JELLO brand- we tested this with several brands, including the Walmart brand and these do not get smooth.
- Skim milk – Because eggnog is a little thicker, I prefer to use skim milk so that the pudding doesn’t thicken too much. This needs to be cold, not room temperature.
- Cold eggnog – The brand of eggnog doesn’t matter, just make sure it is cold. This will replace a lot of the milk that the boxed pudding mix usually calls for.
- Rum extract – This is optional, but I love the flavor it adds! You can substitute with vanilla extract, or leave it out altogether.
- Pumpkin pie spice – You could always use nutmeg in place of this, but it just adds a nice flavor to the delicious pudding.
How to Make Eggnog Pudding
This homemade eggnog pudding is as easy as one, two three!
- Whisk ingredients. Whisk together the vanilla pudding mix with milk. When smooth, whisk in the eggnog. If using rum extract, add now.
- Add pumpkin pie spice. Fold in the pumpkin pie spice.
- Chill. Refrigerate according to package directions.
While there aren’t many, there are a couple of ways you can make this eggnog pudding recipe your own.
- Homemade eggnog – Instead of using store bought eggnog, try making your own! Or you could even use light eggnog.
- Spices – Instead of pumpkin pie spice, you could try using other holiday spices like nutmeg or cinnamon.
- Homemade pudding – Instead of using the instant pudding mix, try making your own. You will need egg yolks, cornstarch, butter, sugar and whole milk
How to Serve Eggnog Pudding
My favorite way to serve this pudding is in a fancy parfait glass. Top it with Cool Whip or whipped cream and garnish with a cinnamon stick and a sprinkle of nutmeg. It’s so elegant and perfect for a holiday party.
You could also serve it for breakfast! Layer it between two slices of french toast or waffles. You could even scoop out the middle of a cupcake and fill with pudding to make eggnog cupcakes.
If serving in a parfait dish, you could sprinkle some graham cracker crumbs for some texture. It’s the perfect dessert for holiday parties!
Storage and Freezing
Storage: Store any leftover eggnog pudding in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Be sure to place plastic wrap on the surface of the pudding to prevent a film from forming.
Freezing: You can freeze pudding, but I do not recommend it. The texture will be significantly different after thawing.
More Easy Eggnog Recipes
Eggnog is a seasonal favorite, so drink it up while you can!
5-Minute Eggnog Pudding Recipe
- Whisk together the vanilla pudding mix with milk. When smooth, whisk in the eggnog. If using rum extract, add now.
- Fold in the pumpkin pie spice.
- Refrigerate according to package directions. Serve when thickened.
- If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was in the comments or star ratings.
And if you just like easy desserts, here are a few!
- Single Serving Edible Cookie Dough
- Classic No-Bake Cookies
- Christmas Chocolate Dipped Sugar Wafers
- Christmas Dunkaroo Dip
- Best Fudge Recipes
- Holiday Pavlova
- Santa Cookies
- Raspberry Cheesecake Cookie Cups