Still looking for easy recipes for Christmas? I’ve got you covered with which quick and easy Christmas Dunkaroo Dip recipe!
Christmas Dunkaroo Dip is a sweet and easy dessert dip, make with box cake mix, whipped topping, Greek yogurt, and lots of festive sprinkles. A great last-minute Christmas recipe!
Does anyone else remember the dunkaroo dips that used to be carried in the store? They were individually packaged chocolate dessert dips served with mini cookies. And kids went nuts over them! They were a lunch box staple through the ’90s and early 2000s.
I was not a kid during that time period but even I loved the flavor of the dunkaroo dips. They were a guilty pleasure treat, individually packaged so I couldn’t eat the entire container….and then they stopped selling them.
But, it turns out the dunkaroo dip recipe isn’t all that complicated and I quickly figured out how to make dunkaroo dip myself. Of course, it’s not exactly like the original dessert dip sold in stores but I personally think my dunkaroo dip recipe is even better.
Since we’re officially in the season of all the recipes for Christmas, I decided to twist up my traditional dunkaroo dip recipe to make a Christmas dessert dip.
The key? White cake mix and food coloring. And sprinkles, lots and lots of sprinkles. Does anything really have Christmas cheer if it’s not topped with red and green sprinkles?
Even though it’s so easy to make, it will give any dessert table a festive pop of color. This is one dessert dip that will have all guests hanging around the dessert table and kids absolutely adore it!
If you’d like to make this Christmas Dunkaroo Dip recipe for another holiday, just switch out the food coloring and sprinkles with the appropriate holiday colors.
Since you like this Christmas Dunkaroo Dip, you may like these other easy recipes for Christmas:
- 15.25 ounce box white cake mix , sifted
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- red gel food coloring
- green gel food coloring
- festive sprinkles
- nilla wafer cookies
- In a large mixing bowl, combine white cake mix, whipped topping and vanilla Greek yogurt. Mix until combined.
- Split dip into equal portions.
- Color one with red gel food coloring until desired hue.
- Color another with green gel food coloring until desired hue.
- Leave the last white.
- Spoon each color into a serving bowl in a pinwheel style. Top with festive sprinkles.
- Serve with Nilla Wafer cookies.
- If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!