Love easy appetizers? Appetizers that look fancy, taste fabulous, but take just a little amount of time? Or even better… can be made ahead. Then you’ll also love my Warm Tomato and Shallot Mozzarella!
What is the best type of appetizer? One that only uses 6 ingredients and is ready in 20 minutes, like Warm Tomato and Shallot Mozzarella Cheese!
This recipe actually came about on an evening I was making Sweet Roasted Goose for a group of friends. Goose is served with a cold Cumberland Sauce that is seasoned with shallots that are strained out of the fruity vinegar sauce. I saw them as well seasoned and a shame to discard.
I pulled together a few other items lurking in the refrigerator and BOOM I had an appetizer for my guests, Warm Tomato and Shallot Mozzarella Cheese. It was actually such a hit that by the time I made it to the appetizer tray, it was all gone. Shortly after, I made it again, sans the goose.
Also try making your own mozzarella cheese with this simple step-by-step tutorial! You’ll be amazed at how delicious and EASY it is to make homemade mozzarella cheese!
If you liked this easy appetizer recipes, you’ll love these too!
If you are looking for even more fabulous appetizers, snag a copy of my Easy Appetizers Beyond Dips Mini-Cookbook. Available here for only $0.99, one of these fun and festive appetizers sure to be the hit of any gathering!
- 1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 large shallot thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Fine sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dried parsley
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- Assorted meats such as carpaccio soppresata or prosciutto
- In a small sauce pan, bring apple cider vinegar and water to a low simmer. Add shallots and simmer until softened, approximately 3-4 minutes. Drain, discarding liquid and add shallots back to sauce pan.
- Over medium heat, add olive oil and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add halved grape tomatoes, cooking an additional 3-4 minutes, or until tomatoes start to break down.
- Add balsamic vinegar and allow to reduce until slightly sticky.
- Remove from heat and season lightly with fine sea salt, freshly ground pepper and parsley. Spoon over mozzarella cheese and serve with assorted meats. Enjoy!
If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!