Is it really a party if there’s not party cheese ball? I’m not sure! But with this cheese ball with cream cheese recipe, you’ll never need to find out!
This Party Cheese Ball recipe is a true party appetizer staple. This is a classic cream cheese ball recipe, made with simple ingredients that will keep you hovering need the appetizer table all night long!
There is nothing that says party more than a cream cheese ball. I think of the 50’s housewife who put out the cocktail wieners and grape jelly meatballs. Maybe a sweet JELLO mold?
Cheese balls with cream cheese have been a party staple my entire life. I remember that as a child they were always one of the things I looked forward to eating whenever my family would host a holiday party. As an adult, I’m not sure if there’s ever been a party I’ve hosted or attended that didn’t have a cream cheese ball sitting on the appetizer table.
This the recipe for a classic Party Cheese Ball. No bells or whistles, nothing too out of the ordinary, just a plain cheese ball. That doesn’t mean you can’t add variations to make your party cheese ball fun and exciting, like changing the outside layer.
You could even divide this party cheese ball recipe into 2 or 3 separate balls and roll each one in something different for some variety.
But, in some cases, I think recipes are good on their own, without many extras. The simple ingredients in this party cheese ball recipe are what makes it so good. Simple ingredients and lots of flavor.
If I’m serving this party cheese ball recipe as one or two large cheese balls, I like to surround it with a variety of dipping options.
Crackers and pretzels are the obvious ones but cream cheese balls also pair well with fruit slices (especially apple and pair), crostinis or other crunchy bread, veggies (carrots or celery, among others), or even mini bagels. Salami and other similar meats are also a hit.
This party cheese ball recipe can also be divided into many mini cheese balls, which I think just serve on a pretzel stick. Making mini cream cheese balls turns this into a much more portable snack and helps prevent everyone from hovering over the tray.
If people are going to hover around an appetizer, it’s probably going to be this cheese ball with cream cheese!
Since you like this Party Cheese Ball recipe, you may like these other easy and cheesy appetizers:
- Prosciutto Parmesan Cheese Straws
- Cheesy Loaded Tater Tots
- Hot Caprese Dip
- Marinated Olives and Feta Cheese
Tools for making this Party Cheese Ball recipe:
If you are looking for even more fabulous appetizers, snag a copy of my Easy Appetizers Beyond Dips Mini-Cookbook. Available here for only $0.99, one of these fun and festive appetizers sure to be the hit of any gathering!
Party Cheese Ball
- 16 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese , shredded
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 cup walnuts , chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley , chopped
- Pretzel Sticks , for serving
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add shredded cheddar cheese, fine sea salt, ground white pepper, cayenne pepper and Worcestershire Sauce, blending well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Form into one large cheese ball or up to 40 small cheese balls.
- Mix chopped walnuts and minced parsley in a shallow dish. Roll cheese ball(s) in mixture. If making bite size cheese balls, stick a pretzel stick in each. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- If you've tried this recipe, make sure to come back and let us now how it was!
If you want to save the single cheese balls, here is the pin!