Turkey Stuffed Peppers are perfect as a main entree or even a side dish… depending on the size of the pepper and your appetite.
Turkey Stuffed Peppers are filled with spinach, onion, garlic, white beans and cheese. An easy and healthy dinner idea.
They are filled to the brim with ground turkey, onion, garlic, tender white beans, spinach and cheese, making them a low carb and healthy recipe your whole family will love!
While traditional stuffed peppers are of Italian influence, I use Adobo seasoning for my Turkey Stuffed Peppers, giving them a Latin flare. Adobo seasoning is a mixture of salt, paprika, black pepper, onion powder, oregano, cumin, garlic powder, and chili powder.
It is easy enough to make at home, but you can also buy it premade and use it anything from anything from chili to tacos. You can find it in the International or spice section of your grocery store. It adds a bit of smoke to the flavor.
Any color of bell pepper can be used, but I enjoy bright colors, so these beautiful, cheery yellow peppers were the obvious choice. On this date I only made two stuffed peppers, but took the rest of the stuffing for lunch the next day!
Turkey can be substituted with ground beef, chicken or tofu if desired. You can even use shredded turkey leftover from your Thanksgiving bird!
I highly recommend using a narrow casserole dish so your peppers fit snuggly and don’t fall over. You can also cut off just a tiny bit of the bottom to create a flat surface for them to sit.
Here are some other healthy meal recipes!
CONNECT WITH SAVORY EXPERIMENTS!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Pinterest | Instagram
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
Turkey and White Bean Stuffed Peppers
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach frozen
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley chopped
- 4 large yellow bell peppers
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons Adobo seasoning
- Dash of cayenne pepper optional
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 15.5 ounce can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, garlic and parsley. Saute until soft and translucent.
- Add ground turkey, breaking it up with your spoon. Pour in 1/2 cup water and bring to a simmer. The waters helps the turkey stay moist. Once at a simmer, add frozen spinach, cumin, Adobe seasoning and cayenne (if desired), stir.
- Simmer for about 8-10 minutes, or until turkey is cooked and liquid has evaporated. Add cannellini beans and stir again. Remove from heat.
- Cut tops off of bell peppers and remove membranes and seeds. Spray the bottom of a square baking dish with cooking spray and pour in white wine. Place bell peppers into the dish, fitting them snugly together.
- Spoon mixture into each bell pepper, filling only halfway. Sprinkle cheese in each pepper and then resume spooning in filling until full. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove peppers from the oven. Remove aluminum foil and top each with remaining cheese. Return
- to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for 3-4 minutes before serving. Enjoy your Turkey and Cannellini Bean Stuffed Peppers!
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!