Busy week? Still need something satisfying, tasty and healthy? Try this easy jambalaya. A perfect one-dish meal that is ready in about 40 minutes with most time being hands OFF.
This Cajun Jambalaya is a mouthwatering recipe that can be ready in less than an hour. Andouille turkey sausage and shrimp give this recipe so much flavor!
Cajun jambalaya is one of our family favorite weeknight meals. Since there are only two of us, I make the whole batch, pack up the rest in airtight storage containers and we have lunch for the rest of the week!
If you liked this easy jambalaya recipe, be sure to check out these other easy recipes:
- 2 teaspoons light extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 4 inch ribs celery cut into quarter sections
- 1 cup bell pepper chopped, can be one color or assorted
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 cups uncooked minute brown rice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 14.5- ounce can no-salt-added diced tomatoes un-drained
- 5 links andouille turkey sausage sliced into 1/2 rounds (fully cooked)
- 1/2 pound large shrimp cooked, peeled and de-veined
- Heat Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan, swirling to coat. Add onion and saute for 3-4 minutes. Add celery, bell pepper and garlic. Continue to saute for 5 minutes.
- Add brown rice through canned diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a low simmer and cover. Continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Fluff with a large fork or spoon, add shrimp and and sausage. Cover and continue to heat on low for 5 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves and thyme springs. Mixture will have a little bit of liquid, but not be soupy. Taste test rice, as brown rice can sometimes be finicky. Allow to rest for a few minutes uncovered before serving.
- If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!