Need a quick, cute but super simple treat to tote along to backyard BBQ’s and spring work potlucks? Check out my Pink Lemonade Cupcakes!
Pink Lemonade Cupcakes are an easy cupcake recipe using boxed cake mix with lemon flavoring and pretty pink food coloring. Perfect for any spring event!
Can I tell you a secret? I am a terrible cupcake decorator. Like seriously bad. For some reason I can’t maneuver a piping bag to save my life. My solution: lots of embellishments. For Pink Lemonade Cupcakes, I used two types of candy balls and chocolate sixlets. You can add colorful paper straws to mimic a beverage.
The actual recipe for Pink Lemonade Cupcakes is super simple with only a handful of ingredients. Make sure to use a white cake mix and frosting (because yellow mixed with red food coloring will NOT produce pink).
Red or pink food coloring and lemon extract make for a tongue tantalizing treat.
If you like this easy cupcake recipe, check these out:
- 1 box white cake mix
- Ingredients according box directions use egg white only instructions
- 2 tablespoons lemon extract
- 2 teaspoons red/pink food coloring
- Favorite white frosting
- Embellishments as desired
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, adding 1 tablespoons lemon extract and one teaspoon red/pink food coloring.
- Equally spoon into 24 muffin tins, bake according to package directions and allow to cool fully.
- Blend remaining 1 tablespoon lemon extract and 1 teaspoon red food coloring into white frosting.
- Frost liberally and decorate with desired embellishments.
If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!