Maple Oatmeal Cookies take traditional oatmeal cookies up a notch with a maple glaze. Always a crowd pleaser, these cookies are great for parties and BBQs!
- Slice and Bake Orange Cardamom Cookies
- Soft Molasses Cookies
- Watercolor Sugar Cookies
- Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- Strawberry Shortcake Cookies
- Chewy Butterfinger Cookies
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cookie Sandwiches
Make sure you PIN Maple Oatmeal Cookies before you leave!
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1/2 cup plain applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 13/4 cup powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons real maple syrup
- vanilla ice cream
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Whisk or sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl, set aside.
In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar. When blended, add egg and applesauce. Continue to mix in oats and then slowly add dry ingredients until oatmeal cookie dough is formed.
Drop 1-2 tablespoons of oatmeal cookie dough approximately 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet. Bake for 13-14 minutes or until oatmeal cookies are just barely light brown and set. Remove and allow to cool.
Combine powdered sugar and real maple syrup in a small bowl to make maple glaze. Whisk until there are no lumps. If mixture is too thick, add additional water until it can easily be drizzled.
Drizzle each oatmeal cookie with maple glaze and allow to set. Serve with a big glass of milk or vanilla ice cream.